• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Character Career Types

Here's an Ideas, Have everyone share their different character career types that is unique to this game. I came up with the idea of having a Bounty Hunter in the Traveller Universe. Here are the characteristics for a Bounty Hunter.
The Bounty Hunter
Unlike the Hunters who hunt and track animals on various worlds, the Bounty Hunter is an individual are individuals who are hired by an organization or an employer to hunt criminals or other sentient being to bring them to 'justice' eventhough the employer may have a vendetta with that individual. They are a cross between a military profession, agent and scout careers with a focus on specialized military discipline. They usually have a customized commercial starships with vehicles especially a Air/Raft, the ATV and G-Carriers.
Routine Skills: Recon tactics, Planetary survival, manuevers, starship operating and maintaining, street survival, and underworld networking.
Enlistment: 7-: DM +1 if INT 7+, DM +2 idf DEX 8+
Injury: 7-; DM +1 if END 7+
Continuence: 11-
Automatic Skills: Rifle-1, SMG-1, Pistol-1, Carousing-1, Exploration-1, and Perception-1.
Skills Tables:
1. Physical: 2. Mental:
1.1) +1 STR 2.1) Grav Vehicle
1.2) +1 DEX 2.2) Tactics
1.3) +1 END 2.3) Computer
1.4) Throwing 2.4) Camouflage
1.5) Brawling 2.5) Exporlation
1.6) Melee Combat 2.6) Vacc Suit

3. Education: 4. Social:
3.1) Forward Observer 4.1) Carousing
3.2) Ground Vehicle 4.2) Streetwise
3.3) Tactics 4.3) Intimidation
3.4) Technical 4.4) Leadership
3.5) Law 4.5) Clandestine
3.6) Survival 4.6) Business

5. Career: 6. Background:
5.1) Camouflage 6.1) Perception
5.2) Ground Vehicle 6.2) Leadership
5.3) Gun Combat 6.3) Science
5.4) Environmental Combat 6.4) Stealth
5.5) Space Vehicle 6.5) Ground Vehicle
5.6) Grav Vehicle 6.6) Stealth

Skill Eligibility: 1 skill per year +1 every two years
Mustering Out Tables:
1. Cash Table: 2. Benefits Table:
1.1) 20,000 Cr 2.1) High Passage
1.2) 20,000 Cr 2.2) Weapon
1.3) 30,000 Cr 2.3) Weapon
1.4) 30,000 Cr 2.4) Travellers' Aid Society
1.5) 30,000 Cr 2.5) Yacht
1.6) 50,000 Cr 2.6) Far Trader

I got this idea from Star Wars RPG and the Movies with Tango and Boba Fett as well as many other Bounty Hunters in the Star wars Universe. This was developed in my Rubicon Cross campaign.

Mark G.

Here's an Ideas, Have everyone share their different character career types that is unique to this game. I came up with the idea of having a Bounty Hunter in the Traveller Universe. Here are the characteristics for a Bounty Hunter.
The Bounty Hunter
Unlike the Hunters who hunt and track animals on various worlds, the Bounty Hunter is an individual are individuals who are hired by an organization or an employer to hunt criminals or other sentient being to bring them to 'justice' eventhough the employer may have a vendetta with that individual. They are a cross between a military profession, agent and scout careers with a focus on specialized military discipline. They usually have a customized commercial starships with vehicles especially a Air/Raft, the ATV and G-Carriers.
Routine Skills: Recon tactics, Planetary survival, manuevers, starship operating and maintaining, street survival, and underworld networking.
Enlistment: 7-: DM +1 if INT 7+, DM +2 idf DEX 8+
Injury: 7-; DM +1 if END 7+
Continuence: 11-
Automatic Skills: Rifle-1, SMG-1, Pistol-1, Carousing-1, Exploration-1, and Perception-1.
Skills Tables:
1. Physical: 2. Mental:
1.1) +1 STR 2.1) Grav Vehicle
1.2) +1 DEX 2.2) Tactics
1.3) +1 END 2.3) Computer
1.4) Throwing 2.4) Camouflage
1.5) Brawling 2.5) Exporlation
1.6) Melee Combat 2.6) Vacc Suit

3. Education: 4. Social:
3.1) Forward Observer 4.1) Carousing
3.2) Ground Vehicle 4.2) Streetwise
3.3) Tactics 4.3) Intimidation
3.4) Technical 4.4) Leadership
3.5) Law 4.5) Clandestine
3.6) Survival 4.6) Business

5. Career: 6. Background:
5.1) Camouflage 6.1) Perception
5.2) Ground Vehicle 6.2) Leadership
5.3) Gun Combat 6.3) Science
5.4) Environmental Combat 6.4) Stealth
5.5) Space Vehicle 6.5) Ground Vehicle
5.6) Grav Vehicle 6.6) Stealth

Skill Eligibility: 1 skill per year +1 every two years
Mustering Out Tables:
1. Cash Table: 2. Benefits Table:
1.1) 20,000 Cr 2.1) High Passage
1.2) 20,000 Cr 2.2) Weapon
1.3) 30,000 Cr 2.3) Weapon
1.4) 30,000 Cr 2.4) Travellers' Aid Society
1.5) 30,000 Cr 2.5) Yacht
1.6) 50,000 Cr 2.6) Far Trader

I got this idea from Star Wars RPG and the Movies with Tango and Boba Fett as well as many other Bounty Hunters in the Star wars Universe. This was developed in my Rubicon Cross campaign.

Mark G.

The Bounty Hunter

Nicely done. I have basically used the all purpose Rogue to generate some good bounty hunter characters but one could also use a combination of Rogue and Hunter [alternate rolls from those tables] to create a bounty hunter that would track human and non-human beings.

The Bounty Hunter

Nicely done. I have basically used the all purpose Rogue to generate some good bounty hunter characters but one could also use a combination of Rogue and Hunter [alternate rolls from those tables] to create a bounty hunter that would track human and non-human beings.

Looks OK! Now find a copy of GT: Bounty Hunters and see what they came up with. (I don't have it) Could be a interesting comparison/cross check of ideas.

Looks OK! Now find a copy of GT: Bounty Hunters and see what they came up with. (I don't have it) Could be a interesting comparison/cross check of ideas.

FWIW I'd treat a Bounty Hunter how D&D3E treats Assassins for example. Anyone can become one.

Exp: getting a quick small bounty inbetween jobs or on the way to the next stop for a job

Granted some careers or skillsets might be better for someone who does nothing but Bounty Hunting. (esp. depending on the chargen used)

At least the Gurps Bounty Hunters book isn't too costly and should have some good ideas for Bounty Hunter types even if you don't use GT.

And watch Cowboy Bebop if you haven't already. :cool: :D

Casey (if even Ed and Ein can be Bounty Hunters!)

FWIW I'd treat a Bounty Hunter how D&D3E treats Assassins for example. Anyone can become one.

Exp: getting a quick small bounty inbetween jobs or on the way to the next stop for a job

Granted some careers or skillsets might be better for someone who does nothing but Bounty Hunting. (esp. depending on the chargen used)

At least the Gurps Bounty Hunters book isn't too costly and should have some good ideas for Bounty Hunter types even if you don't use GT.

And watch Cowboy Bebop if you haven't already. :cool: :D

Casey (if even Ed and Ein can be Bounty Hunters!)

Back