• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

[Don's House Rules] Sophonts

But then, I'm confused over just what your list is about. I thought it listed the types of NPCs you might encounter off thier homeworlds. Now it seems that you're talking about viable PCs.

In my defense, I point to the very first sentence of this thread:

"My last posting of house rules mentioned starting knowledges, but before I do that I instead decided to post what sophonts I allow as player characters..."

I was asking if I had left out any possibilities in the Marches...

In my defense, I point to the very first sentence of this thread:

"My last posting of house rules mentioned starting knowledges, but before I do that I instead decided to post what sophonts I allow as player characters..."
That's a pretty good defense. :)

All I can say is that I missed that, perhaps because I'd find a table of random NPC races to be found round and about in the Marches much more useful than a list of viable PC races.

Hans

I don't know how suitable they would be as PCs[*], but the Hlanssai are said to be encountered "throughout much of the Imperium and other areas".

[*] I didn't read the whole article.

Hans

That's a pretty good defense. :)

All I can say is that I missed that, perhaps because I'd find a table of random NPC races to be found round and about in the Marches much more useful than a list of viable PC races.

Hans

Certainly not for Character Generation house rules?

I don't know how suitable they would be as PCs[*], but the Hlanssai are said to be encountered "throughout much of the Imperium and other areas".

[*] I didn't read the whole article.

Hans

Read through the JTAS 22 contact article. Definitely Travellers, but NOT good for player characters I think. For encounters though...

Back