• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Far and Away magazine, issue 1

Swordy

SOC-12
Far & Away made a great splash with its debut issue, then quickly faded into oblivion. Dale Kemper was the editor and his friends the Keith Brothers helped him fill up his first issue. Within this MT era periodical are two articles by J. Andrew Keith (The Complete Starport, Planetfall) and an adventure by William H. Keith, Jr. (Special Delivery). There are also articles for Robotech, Renegade Legion, and Star Trek, plus a piece of fiction by Joe Clifford Faust.

Just for fun, to get things started, and so that nobody will accuse me of unreasonable pricing, I'm going to put this up for auction right here in this thread. Bidding starts at $1.00 and the bidding ends when there have been no new bids in 24 hours. Sound fair? Sound fun? We shall see. If it goes well we may be starting a new trend. If not, everybody can blame me

If you want more info or would like a cover image, please ask. Happy bidding!

Swordy, when did the magazine come out? And can we get a sample of the art/quality of the magazine.

Based on what's been said so far I bid $2.00 - BTW I assume this is United States currency?
file_23.gif

Good questions.

US currency, please. Lets make 50 cents the minimum bid up.

The artwork is "Lotsa Bill Keith"
The cover and ten (yes 10) interior illustrations are by the elder Keith. There is a comic strip in the back by Jim Schultz (no, not Charles!) and a smattering of other decent art and some technical drawings.

Between them, the brothers account for the material on over 20 of the 60 glossy pages, plus the cover. I have posted a scan of the cover at this location. Only the cover is in color, however.

This issue came out in April 1990.

Originally posted by lord irial:
what shipping and handling costs are there? Also, what methods of payment are acceptable?
Shipping is to be paid by the buyer and I'll ship any flavor of US Mail. I don't charge handling, just actual postage. For instance, Media Mail in US is $1.42.

US funds money order or PayPal. Personal checks are a bit of a pain, but I've been known to take those, too... but not on eBay sales anymore :(

I wonder if this would be a good place to offer laminated Seeker Lab Ship and Gazelle deck plans...

I own a copy of this already and it is chock full of Traveller Goodness. NOT A BID but for a collector and player like me it would be worth at least $5 + shipping. Not A Bid !

Swordy:

I haven't seen any additional bidding for over 24 hours so would you say this sale is closed? Please email me the final dollar figure and I'll send you a money order. I can be reached at GAPAMiller@MSN.COM. You should also have me in the TTT files (I think I recently ordered MT1 and MT2 computer games from you). :D

Thanks!
Loki

Back