• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Good books on "Aliens"

These are a few of the very good books out there that aren’t all game based or related which cover possible and plausible "aliens"

After Man: A Zoology of the Future
By Dougal Dixon

If you buy no other book about variant evolution or alternate evolution, this should be the one. Check your local library, mine had two copies.

Expedition: Being an Account in Words and Artwork of the 2358 A.D. Voyage to Darwin IV
By Wayne Douglas Barlowe

Beautiful and very well thought out. I own this one and the one above, both written by knowledgeable and thoughtful authors.

The Science of Aliens
By Clifford A. Pickover

Have not read this one, but looks promising.

http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/books/Uplift/

SJ Games will be releasing a second edition of this very cool book. Excellent section on making interesting alien species. I once owned the 1st edition, and got rid of it for some demented reason!

Contacting Aliens: An Illustrated Guide to David Brin's Uplift Universe
By David Brin, Kevin Lenagh

Very interesting book about how a human agent should behave around various alien species. The illustrations aren’t super, but they do give a nice feel for a starspanning civilization.

What are your suggestions?

Back