• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Hochiken People's Assembly

Blue Ghost

SOC-14 5K
Knight
Can someone tell me if this is a client or K'Kree dominated state? Neither Travellermap nor the wiki offer any information on the dominant species.

I'm thinking it's human considering the K'Kree client state coreward of it, but there's nothing to indicate either way.

Can someone tell me if this is a client or K'Kree dominated state? Neither Travellermap nor the wiki offer any information on the dominant species.

I'm thinking it's human considering the K'Kree client state coreward of it, but there's nothing to indicate either way.

MJD wrote up the polity for his Gateway to Destiny campaign supplement (ca 990). He does not mention racial background for the polity, but he does extensively detail the various non-human races found in the region. Nothing explicit is mentioned concerning the "Hochiken", so I think you can safely assume they are Human.

Okay thanks.

Amazon has a new one listed for $251. A used copy is $95. Sorry for the commentary, but I'm real tired of price gouging for games. Guess I'll check Drivethru.

Lords of Thunder strongly suggests that the HPA is a human state, one of several rivals in that part of Gateway. And, in fact, on page 52 of MTJ#4 it says, "Two human powers, the Hochiken Peoples' Assembly and the Viyard Concourse, are pressing territorial claims of their own..."

Lords of Thunder strongly suggests that the HPA is a human state, one of several rivals in that part of Gateway. And, in fact, on page 52 of MTJ#4 it says, "Two human powers, the Hochiken Peoples' Assembly and the Viyard Concourse, are pressing territorial claims of their own..."

Yep. Beat me to it.

As for the price-gouging, it's usually just 'bots. Keep an eye on it and they eventually reset themselves. I've gotten a number of great finds over the years by being patient.

=>You can always get the pdf...

I grabbed a PDF off Drivethru. I'm still angry about the price gouging. I actually did ask the seller about a copy of Dueltrack for Car Wars which was priced at several hundred dollars, and he essentially told me "step" off, to put it politely. It may have been someone else just trying to get a rise out of me, but I've had years of this kind of garbage.

This blog post keeps me smiling when I see crazy prices... sure, some of the prices (especially) in games are manmade.

Biology Textbook... $23 million dollars on Amazon

I would point out that even 1/2 Price Books is taking pricing recommendations from Amazon. I found a beat-up old Greyhawk module from late 80's priced at $50.00. As long as idiots keep paying for it...

It's a human state that has been invaded and colonized by K'kree… if I recall correctly.

Much of the source material is hazy. I hope to see it later defined in much more detail.

Shalom,
M.

Back