• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

OTU Only: Imperial Currency, and that of other entities

There was the Striker currency table, oriented towards merc org operating and procurement costs creating incentives for high/low tech mixes (and thus for buying items), the TCS table which was about currency equivalent for naval tax collection which also carried a per capita per TL salary, and the JTAS article which was one of the two above. I think the Striker table.

As I understand it it’s deprecated for canon, but really interesting if one used/misuse them past their design utility context.

The most interesting part to me is the horrible potential for currency flow from poor low starport tech worlds to high starport/tech and the labor/resource pillaging that could occur.

Given the Imperium’s enforced trading diktat, some real tension between low tech worlds that would like to isolate to develop but aren’t allowed to keep external goods out, and the others that would like to bootstrap their way up the tech tree through exports but perhaps are kept down by external forces or internal unrest/demand.

Back