• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Offer of Wiki help

Sorry, just added it to the db tables. Give it a try now with the format [[tw:page_here]]

It doesn't seem to work. Look at the bottom of the page [W=Help:Style Guide]Here[/w] after see also, there should be two references, but the tw one just disappears.

It doesn't seem to work. Look at the bottom of the page [W=Help:Style Guide]Here[/w] after see also, there should be two references, but the tw one just disappears.

Ok checking into it now and making sure I entered it into the DB correctly.

Well apparently it didn't like me using 'tw' so I changed it to 'travwiki' and it seems to be working ok now (I edited that page with the new link name).

Just to be sure we are on the same page, the 'big problem' would be the Parser and Cite extensions correct?

Yes, without Parser (and to a lesser extent the string functions) working we have significant problems with most of the templates. I am not too fussy on the version, which is why I thought you might want to try to get the one that worked with cite functioning at first, if not try the newer parser function, and ignore cite. So far I have not seen any version of the parser work correctly.

(The abs template is a good test or the code in the sandbox - I don't know if you need to edit and save them after a change to pick up the new code).

The parser extension should be working properly now. I had to make a few adjustments to the code to get it to work properly with 1.6.10. I put a simple 1+1 expression on the Main Page to make sure it worked.

It's good to be a programmer sometimes...

The Cite extension is now working properly as well ;)

The parser extension should be working properly now. I had to make a few adjustments to the code to get it to work properly with 1.6.10. I put a simple 1+1 expression on the Main Page to make sure it worked.

Oooh this is good. We can work with this now. (The [w=1120]1120 page[/w] now shows reasonably). I am still seeing some issues: formatnum (which puts in , (or . depending on locale)) isn't working but it is a MediaWiki 1.7 feature. Also the string function is not working (we can live without this, but it does make some things easier) - [w=Sandbox]The sandbox[/w] has an example of this.

Oooh this is good. We can work with this now. (The [w=1120]1120 page[/w] now shows reasonably). I am still seeing some issues: formatnum (which puts in , (or . depending on locale)) isn't working but it is a MediaWiki 1.7 feature. Also the string function is not working (we can live without this, but it does make some things easier) - [w=Sandbox]The sandbox[/w] has an example of this.

String function is fixed and should be working now. Don't think I can do anything with formatnum if it's a 1.7 feature unless you know of an earlier extension that we can install.

String function is fixed and should be working now. Don't think I can do anything with formatnum if it's a 1.7 feature unless you know of an earlier extension that we can install.

Great... verified that the string function is working, we can do without , s in our numbers. I could also write a template to do that, if > 1000 ... but I will just leave it.

Hunter, We need the Privacy policy filled out:
index.php?title=Imperial_Encyclopedia:privacy_policy&action=edit

Also is there any way of bulk uploading some images? I have over 80 images of sectors cropped from the imperial map that I would like to upload, and a large number of covers from the magazines/supplements.

-Dan

Back