• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Salutations from New Citizen

I'd rather that there were stars in those duplicate hexes, else Knoellighz Sector will be far more boring.

From the Cosmography Department at Serue (Knoellihz 1221), this is the Pakkrat.

Thanks for your hard work, Pakkrat! What you are creating is pretty neat.

Please let me know if I can help you or provide you with further tools to support your efforts.

Positive vibes to you!

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Now that we have determined that several Sectors on the TravellerMap have duplicate names, UWP and various codes, is there any way to re-confirm that there is truly a world in the duplicate hexes?

Does the dot-map show worlds in those duplicate hexes? If so, my work has not been in vain and I can continue to develop the replacement worlds.

If there are no worlds in the duplicate hexes, then we have mirages, after-images of the first (lowest hex number) world that has been duplicated. In this scenario, none of my duplicate regeneration (using Mongoose btw) is valid and my work is moot.

I'd rather that there were stars in those duplicate hexes, else Knoellighz Sector will be far more boring.

From the Cosmography Department at Serue (Knoellihz 1221), this is the Pakkrat.

The sectors were based on dotmaps from MegaTraveller's Vilani & Vargr. I don't own that book, but anyone who does would be able to check that.

Morality Compass

Are the writer(s) of the Mongoose Darrians book on this forum? I'd love to post some feedback on a plothook that they wrote, I expanded and presented as a Morality Check-style of mercenary ticket.

Some writers, me included, like feedback from fans who have used their material in individual games. I'd love to outline the player-characters actions and reactions to the plothook on pg 151 Zamine troubles in the Darrians (Mongoose) book. That is, if the original writers are listening.

From the Situation Room on Serue (Knoellighz 1221), this is the Pakkrat for Net-7 News.

Are the writer(s) of the Mongoose Darrians book on this forum? I'd love to post some feedback on a plothook that they wrote, I expanded and presented as a Morality Check-style of mercenary ticket.

Some writers, me included, like feedback from fans who have used their material in individual games. I'd love to outline the player-characters actions and reactions to the plothook on pg 151 Zamine troubles in the Darrians (Mongoose) book. That is, if the original writers are listening.

You could always try over on the Mongoose boards ...

Cheers,

Baron Ovka

Subsector P
Zarthurrue Subsector / Knoellighz Sector : Revision of Duplicate Worlds
HEX NAME UWP ALLEGIANCE GAS GIANT(S) CLIMATE
3132 Zaglle D947400-3 Va No Temp
3138 Orllouaegz B746776-7 Vo Yes Cold
3232 Zuklluekhsghaks D687500-6 Va Yes Temp
3238 Khoeroeztukhs D67468D-2 Vo Yes Temp

This completes the quick-and-dirty data for the Revision of Duplicate Worlds. Note that I have not yet rolled all worlds, using Mongoose Traveller, for Bases. The original worlds do have quite a few Bases. Also, I have only superficial Trade Codes which are still in the works. Again, this is a gift of time and energy to the Traveller community.

You should compile all these revisions into one file and send them to Joshua Bell (inexorabletash), so that the data on TravellerMap can be updated. :)

Ghoekhnael Evil

As the title of this post implies, your Anchor-rat has made a crucial and mortal series of errors. Jumping into Ghoekhnael Sector was the first. Discovering OENLAETSVAEG (Ghoekhnael 1938) was the second. Your most trusted news source, Net-7 News, tried to reach this field correspondent before it was too late in trying to recall their reporter. Landing on the mainworld in this parsec of space was the final mistake.

If there is an Author, Contributor or other who can correspond with me on Ghoekhnael Sector, please PM me. I have become captured by one of the deepest dens of Vargr evil here on OENLAETSVAEG.

Readers, this world is not the pretty, Garden home of long-lost cousin Vargr one might be led to believe in looking at the planet from orbit. Here is one of the most racially radical, genocidal, religious cult, cannibals and malignant, warlord conquerers, cursed with TL 15 and on the so-called "Gateway to Ghoekhnael".

To anyone within the sound of my voice, do not land on OENLAETSVAEG or even jump into this parsec. Please. Get warning to the Democracy of Greats and warn them. This society of zealous, torturous and murderous Vargr is spreading like a malignant cancer that has too many toys to play with.

Readers, this could very well be my last transmission. They are coming for me in this dark, dank cell.

For Net-7 News, this is possibly the end of The Pakkrat, coming to you live from OENLAETSVAEG (Ghoekhnael 1938).

I'm the one who revised the data for the Taakas Yh'Drak and the Brzeh Council on TravellerMap, so I think I could help. :) (also PMed, to make sure)

Last edited:
Knoellighz Live

Readers, even though your Anchor-rat is currently being tortured in a dank, dark dungeon on OENLAETSVAEG, Net-7 News takes a moment as interrogators enjoy a shift change for their dark, religious meditations.

Your most trusted news source is happy and joyful that the TravellerMap, your Library to new frontiers - namely Knoellighz - has been updated, almost in its entirety. Though there are still a few communications bugs to crush, Net-7 News will continue to tour Knoellighz Sector and bring you the latest and newsworthy details on some of the most interesting pioneering of the Vargr and Zhodani polities as they creep Coreward in expansion.

Live from OENLAETSVAEG (Ghoekhnael 1938), this is the Pakkrat, (still awaiting extraction).

Oops! All red-star Naval Bases and Corsair Bases are missing from TravellerMap.

Last edited:
Oops! All red-star Naval Bases and Corsair Bases are missing from TravellerMap.

Sorry, fixed that too.

Here's what happened:

I took The Pakkrat's data and shoved it through the "restellarator", and then the data checker and it got a thumbs up, so I trusted it.

What I failed to notice is that some of the column names were different abbreviations: "Alg" and "Base", but the site was looking for column names that didn't match those (e.g. "Allegiance" or "A", "Bases" or "B", etc - see the source). The T5 data parsers (column, tab) are both fine with arbitrary columns but it meant the data was just being ignored.

I'll make sure the data checker accounts for that.

Back