• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Sword Worlds war aims

jec10

SOC-13
I'm wondering about Sword Worlds war aims and strategy in the Fifth Frontier War.

What were the Swordies war aims? Simply to put up a good fight or to hold down some Imperial forces so they'd get a seat at the bargaining table assuming the ultimate defeat of the Imperium by the Outworld Coalition? Or did they have wartime territorial objectives they sought to obtain through use of their military forces?

What were the wartime operational objectives? For you FFW boardgame players, what should they be in your view?

[here I'm ignoring the fact that through a quirk in the FFW rules the Imperial player can effectively halt a Sworld Worlds drive on Vilis/Lanth subsectors by judicious placement of the TL16 mercenary battalion]

Id say: be on the winning side.

If I was a diplomat for SW, I would worry about been on the menu of the Zho and the TI as a cheap prey. I would like to have an aliance with the side that does not ask too much and stand the best chance to win given our help.

Once a mouse ride an elephants, it go where the elephant goes.

have fun

Selandia

The Zhodani may have convinced the Sword Worlds that they are a non-expansionary power, compared to to everyone else, and would be quite content to leave them as an independent buffer state against one that is.

Back