• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

The Backwards Mask - Novel

Hello everyone,

This is Matt Carson, the author of the recent Traveller novel, The Backwards Mask. I've created a thread over on the COTI TAS board where I'll announce news and information on the book.

Here's the link:

http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=25173

Also, Marc Miller and I just released a tie-in story to the Backwards Mask ("The Errand"), which is available as a free download on DriveThru.

Here's the link to the story:

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=94484

If you've read the Backwards Mask, this story fills in some of the things that happened off-stage. Specifically, it details Lt. Cassandra Mayfield's attempt to rally the Coalition fleet. Or, if you're just itching for some Traveller fiction, it's free.

In any case, I hope you will join us on the TAS thread. Feel free to post any comments, reviews or questions you have over there.

Thanks!

Si vales, valeo.
-MC

Backwards Mask - 1-Year Anniversary

Hello everyone,

Today (March 1st) marks the 1-year anniversary of the Backwards Mask release! I'd like to give thanks to everyone who revisted New Era with me and this book. The support you've shown this past year has been incredible.

We're not done yet.

Until next time...

Si vales, valeo.
-MC

2/3 way through the ebook version of "The Backwards Mask" and really enjoying the story.

I went out and purchased the first two books, plus the original third book as PDF's from RPGnow and two my dismay found that books 1 and 2 were simply scans from the original paperbacks. I also got the short story written by Matthew as well.

To convert to ePUB, I had to extract all the scanned pages from the PDF into individual images and create a CBR file, then use Calibre to convert to ePUB, The resulting ePUB is quite readable on my Sony PRS-650 ereader.

May thanks Matthew, for "The Backwards Mask" :)

Back