• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

The Gikhikese (Purple heart) for OTU

tjoneslo

SOC-14 1K
Staff member
Admin Award
Administrator
Count
According to GT:Ground Forces, the Gikhikese (wound award, lit. "blooded fighter") is an oval badge, about 1.5" across. It depicts a winged figure holding a body in combat gear. The badge is finished in bronze (for the first 5 awards), silver (for 6 through 10) or gold (for 11 or more).

So no ribbon goes with the Gikhikese.

Doug notes the gold ones are referred to as "expert pop-up target award".

There is also a Combat service ribbon for participation in recognized campaigns. There were three separate campaigns in the Fifth Frontier War. Officers may receive a Combat Command Ribbon instead.

Is this a hint?
;)
1_Screen_Shot_2015-10-14_at_8.37.14_PM.png

Last edited:
I would assume the highest Solomani military award would be the Confederational Medal of Honour, and the highest civilian award would be the Secretarial Award of Freedom (and six week paid holiday).

Disappointed.

Sigh.... how about thank you for trying? And if you look at it is a body being carried ... by an angel.

Yes, yes it is. These look great. You need to look at the larger images to see the details, but just about right.

Well I am glad you are happy with the attempt. I just wanted to give back or make a contribution to the Traveller community. Enjoy.

One other thought: No award but the SEH should bear the sunburst. The SEH with diamonds probably only has a handful of diamonds - (one large one, plus 6 small ones, 1 per domain, is what I'd use).

Why? Because the Sunburst is used for officer ranks and is the only award that mentions it. It's the symbol of Imperial Authority.

The SEH probably has something inside the starburst. "For Extreme Heroism" seems appropriate.

(Note: I think your art is beautiful, but way too "US ARMY" in tone for the OTU.)

Actually I try to move more to the Armee de Terre. I really try to steer away from the US awards system...
My inspiration usually comes form other lesser known countries and commonwealth.

I appreciate the affirmation.

Last edited:
Back