• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

General A long time ago...

Spinward Scout

SOC-14 5K
I used to post these a while back. it was always a lot of fun.

_____

You know it's going to be a long week in Jumpspace when
your Aslan Astrogator looks at you after your Jump Entrance and says:

images

"Are We There Yet?"

What makes it a long week in Jumpspace for you?

Steward to craft/manufacture the product.
Survival to not need medical attention after consuming it. :sneaky:
Or being able to tell that it's something you shouldn't consume in the first place (methanol or isopropyl alcohol rather than ethanol).

EDU could help with figuring that out; INT might. Maybe. MgT probably has applicable skills there too, but the LBBs don't get that detailed with skills.

Steward or survival should avoid an unskilled penalty to use it....
Well, yes, although I would probably look at the service record of the steward to see how much frontier/small trader they have done. I would see a liner only steward as a snooty maitre’d type who certainly wouldn’t associate with those engine room ruffians to produce questionable product.

Survival is reasonable, especially barbarian, service or frontier living. Not sure how hard drinking the scouts are. Marines would definitely make it a point of pride to get a still in operation.

Don’t forget jack of all trades. The most interesting scout in the world surely would know.

Well, yes, although I would probably look at the service record of the steward to see how much frontier/small trader they have done. I would see a liner only steward as a snooty maitre’d type who certainly wouldn’t associate with those engine room ruffians to produce questionable product.

Survival is reasonable, especially barbarian, service or frontier living. Not sure how hard drinking the scouts are. Marines would definitely make it a point of pride to get a still in operation.

Don’t forget jack of all trades. The most interesting scout in the world surely would know.
IMTU, field scouts gain brewing zero in term 2...
In DGP's, they go well beyond just brewing to the toxic psionotropic dubbed Scout Brew, for which there is a series of tables in one of the issues of Traveller's Digest. Nasty stuff. Won't kill you, but can result in some serious misadventures which may or may not get one shot...

Back