• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Ask Avery

robject

SOC-14 10K
Admin Award
Marquis
This is a consolidation of questions from this thread: http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=850

I'll be juggling, sorting, and sifting these questions.

SETTING

[FONT=arial,helvetica]Why the Rebellion?

[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica]Why is all the "good" technology set above Imperial standard? (i.e. Artificial Intelligence, Disruptors, etc..)
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica]What is the reasoning behind the bias against Psionics?
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica]Are there any sectors and/or subsectors that are not part of the OTU?
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica]Will more details be given of the Solomani Rim War such as breakaway components of the Solomani government and people; ships used in combat or in developement by the warring parties?[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica]D[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]oes Marc view the history of the Imperium (and perhaps real world history) more as a series of actions by "Great Men" or by "Societal Forces" where the Great Men are merely the guy in place at the time? Or something half-way between?
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica]Did you ever have a reason or logic for what made Yaskodray any different than every other Droyne?[/FONT]

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica]I[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]s there / will there be a guide to the UWP's of all systems in all sectors of the Imperium circa 1100?

Is there / will there be a guide to the financing of the Imperium from gathering taxes to paying the fleets and all Imperial employees?

Is there / will there be a comprehensive guide to all Starships used throughout the Imperium?
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica]Why wasn't 2300AD attempted as the early days of the Traveller universe?

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]RULES

What was the idea behind the jump travel time?
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica]What exactly is a "subsector" Navy - who funds it, who commands it, and how is the subsector Navy different than the e.g. Imperial Navy?

How does he see for his "OTU", the sovereign rights of the Imperium versus the sovereign rights of the member worlds?

Is a common citizen of Regina considered a citizen of Regina or an Imperial Citizen?
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica]What's the single best thing in CT? (The thing you are most proud of)

[/FONT]What's the single biggest mistake you thing CT contains? (ie something you'd take back if you could, in retrospect)
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica]What's the single thing you most wish you had added or done with CT that you did not?

Do you think the technology level scale has "aged" well since the 1970's?

[/FONT]
[/FONT]REFLECTIVE
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica]May I shake your hand and have my Starter Set books autographed?

[/FONT]Where did the inspiration for it come from, if you remember?

[/FONT]Looking back, all these years after, would you do it again, knowing what you know about the personal costs and the time involved and the fall of GDW, DGP, etc? Has it really all been worth it to you personally? (I'm not really talking money, but that may fall into it - I'm more interested in the personal side of things, I actually find the human dimension behind the game as interesting)
[/FONT]
Do you have a Recommended Reading List?

[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]Have you been surprised by the die-hard fan base of aging grognards (yes, that's me you're thinking of...) the game's various iterations have spawned? And if so, was it a pleasant surprise?

[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]What are your thoughts on the whole sub-licensing experience? Have you generally been happy with the results/quality/effects? Or have you wished that you had more control of the licensee's output? Or have you been pretty happy with it? (This isn't a matter of taking shots at old licensees, more I'm curious about the general experience from an IP rights holders perspective)

[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica]Do you ever still play Traveller for fun? If so[/FONT], what's your favorite career path and race?

[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica]How do you feel about Traveller as a game system and what would you like to see changed?

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica]Traveller in its early days was inspired alot by Star Wars...what are some of the things that inspire you now when you play/think about Traveller?
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica]Why don't you post more frequently on the CofI boards?

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]PLANS

[FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica]What is your vision of the future of Traveller? [/FONT]What would you like to see for the future of Traveller? Where do you see it or yourself with relation to it in 5 or 10 years?

[/FONT]Do you picture that T5 would be a stand alone game system like the original CT or deeply integrated into the OTU?
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica]Would you want to see more of a wargaming approach or role playing approach to Traveller gaming (the rules allow both)?

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]Have you ever been to Hollywood or approached by Hollywood for the rights to the Traveller game as a film or TV series?

Are there any unfinished projects from the days of the workshop lying in your desk drawer?

Is FFE breaking even with the reprints and what is the reason for so many delays?

What are your options[?] of Traveller art and what directions would you want to see it move?
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica]When will you write another adventure? no other writer gets it quite as right imho. i would pay top dollar for this. even just a short one.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Back