• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Best online platform to remotely play Traveller RPG

Dear fellow Travellers:

I live in Texas and my kids live in Virginia. They are still minors (16 and 14) and I travel monthly to visit them and during the intervening weeks we talk and text.

Because of the recent unpleasantness I am not going to be visiting them for the next month or so.

In the meantime, I want to start a Traveller game or campaign that we can play virtually online.

I have never used such tools.

I am aware of and have set up a Roll20 account. Are there other tools worth considering?

Most important to me is real time voice chat (video optional).

I'd appreciate any and all constructive comments about what platforms exist and their merits.

Please refrain from making comments about the very low risks of COVID-19 infection, etc. - they will not be helpful. It is what is it, and I'm primarily asking about how to play Traveller games online and simply sharing my personal motivation to help elicit positive, helpful contributions.

With respect - Greg

Roll 20 is good.

Most of my guys use Tabletop Simulator on Steam (it’s £10 or so per copy so there is some outlay) pretty much every tabletop game has a version on there including a few unofficial traveller mods.

Otherwise Discord isn’t bad for voip with image sending capability even if it is partially owned by the CCP

Back