• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Building the Gunship

infojunky

SOC-14 1K
Peer of the Realm
Ok, I am playing with the Gunship from AHL, going to build it as it is represented on the plans. The question is the Laser sticking out of a open door or mounted on the exterior of a closed door?

Ok, I am playing with the Gunship from AHL, going to build it as it is represented on the plans. The question is the Laser sticking out of a open door or mounted on the exterior of a closed door?
If you like that Nam chopper feel I suppose the open door, but in an era of ubiquitous computerized fire control that seems foolish. Cool vs realfeel style I guess.

The question is the Laser sticking out of a open door or mounted on the exterior of a closed door?
Well, let's look at what the original text says ...
By its name, it is obvious that the gunboat is armed. This weaponry consists of a laser gun mount fitted into the cargo and passenger compartment. It can be removed to allow non-violent operations. In combat situations, the entire cargo door opens, and the laser gun is mechanically extended out into the position shown on the drawing. It fires from this position.
So the laser isn't "integral" to the door at all.
More like the door "gets out of the way" and the laser gets extended out to clear a field of fire and stabilize the weapon.

So ... open the door so the weapon assembly inside can extend outside.
More of a "pop up" kind of deal (or "pop out" I suppose).

If you need inspiration for what that might be like ... well ... :rolleyes:

Just drop in a note the bits of the model are still sitting on my desk, now to make some more progress.

As for the plasma gun vs laser discussion under the 1st edition of High Guard both would fit in normal turrets. but Plasma guns are still limit to two per turret.

Back