• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Campaign Cartographer, Cosmographer and Fractal Terrains

Hello all,
With a number of people all discussing map software etc, I thought it might be a good idea to create a thread for these officially Traveller supported software packages available from: www.profantasy.com

Relevant to us Traveller fans are:
Campaign Cartographer 3 (great for creating maps in itself).
Cosmographer 3 (specifically designed for Science Fiction gamers to create maps, deck plans etc. It also features actual Traveller deck plans and map drawings).
Fractal Terrains 3 (Need a world map, this software can generate it for you in a snap and it's fully customizable as well).

The interface is essentially an AutoCAD like setup, customized to be straight forward and relevant to rpg gamers.

For those that may have gotten in on the new Circus campaign(Cirque: Touring the Spinward Marches in Traveller5) soon to be released by the famous Greg Lee, this software will be great for that campaign as Greg actually has files for it produced with CC3.

Anyway, I'd love to hear about any projects happening in this software and how fellow Travellers are going with it.

I had no idea that Cosmography thing existed. I own Fractal Terrain and have used NBoS FM and Astrosynthesis but, being a traveller fan, those sector and subsector maps look great.

I am so glad you posted this.

The ProFantasy stuff is great. I have used CC to great effect in a few of my games, including the cities add-on for an urban campaign I ran, but I particularly love Fractal Terrains. It's just so much fun to play with the tools like erosion and adding river networks, and the quality of the results are far beyond any of the other fractal planet generators I've tried.

If you do get it, check out the free Terraformer add-on. It takes it to a whole new level.

Simon Hibbs

Even on a mac, CC2/CC3 is nice under WINE.

Fractal Terrains is dicey, tho'.

I had no idea that Cosmography thing existed. I own Fractal Terrain and have used NBoS FM and Astrosynthesis but, being a traveller fan, those sector and subsector maps look great.

I am so glad you posted this.

Your most welcome. Hope it assists with your adventures.

Back