• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Canada Day?

far-trader

SOC-14 10K
You know, it just hit me* this is the Canada Day long weekend :eek:o:

I may have missed sending out a shout to many of my fellow Canucks who are already speeding out of the cities to enjoy it.

So an early wish for those who are still here, and a belated one to those reading this upon returning.

Have a good one! Be safe!

* which is kind of depressing because the reason is I've got nothing special planned

Dude, I hear ya. My family is in Edmonton, and I'm in Victoria. Then again, the Tall Ships are here this weekend, which does give me something to do.

Dude, I hear ya. My family is in Edmonton, and I'm in Victoria. Then again, the Tall Ships are here this weekend, which does give me something to do.
Cool, I love tall ships, though I suspect quite a few Citizens do, it's that Age of Sail thing.

Still, what's the deal with Canada having it's own day? What did they do? :p

HAPPY CANADA DAY, NEIGHBORS!

Because you're are cool upstairs neighbors.

The weather looks pretty iffy here in TO...but I will be taking my son to Downsview park for facepainting, reactments of the War of 1812 and of course Fireworks. Not wishing ill to our American cousins but why couldn't Rhinos** got into office...and we could have latched outboard motors on Hudson's Bay and push us South to a warmer clime.

Oh, yes, they did get elected, they were the ONDP...

speaking for your cousins...

The weather looks pretty iffy here in TO...but I will be taking my son to Downsview park for facepainting, reactments of the War of 1812 and of course Fireworks. Not wishing ill to our American cousins but why couldn't Rhinos** got into office...and we could have latched outboard motors on Hudson's Bay and push us South to a warmer clime.

Oh, yes, they did get elected, they were the ONDP...
Dear Canadians:
As a resident of a formerly cold State in the Union, ummmm, don't be so sure you don't get what you want...weather here not so cool anymore.

Drat! Missed them again. (Looks like I wont be in Victoria until near the end of the year ... unless I end up in Calgary.) Anyway:

H A P P Y
C A N A D A
D A Y !

:D

I was there. I waved a flag for you guys in Vancouver and got some piccies of the tall ships in Victoria - maybe we rubbed shoulders, Colin. I caught sight of Mt Ranier in the distance, too, Sid. :)
Still feeling the jetlag... :(

I was there. I waved a flag for you guys in Vancouver and got some piccies of the tall ships in Victoria - maybe we rubbed shoulders, Colin. I caught sight of Mt Ranier in the distance, too, Sid. :)
Still feeling the jetlag... :(

wooooo....the northwest ROCKS!

yeah when i did my asian tour i slept for a week after i got back...

you should have said something i would have come up and said hello!!!!

Back