• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

General Climbing and Rappelling Gear in any Traveller adventure or supplement?

Spinward Scout

SOC-14 5K
Baron
I'm trying to come up with a good list of Climbing and Rappelling gear for Travellers.

If you know of any from any Traveller book, please post where it is.

I got the cable from Shadows and another thing I'm working on. I'm also wondering how much of this would withstand the Corrosive and Insidious atmosphere on Yorbund for the Shadows adventure.

Certified Portable Rappelling Anchor
- A standard tripod (or quadpod) configuration rig for attaching a powered winch or manual lashings for recreational spelunking, archaeological activities, surveying, or rescue operations.
Cost: Cr1,500
Weight: 40 kg

Cable
- fine flexible plasteel cable, capable of supporting 250 kilograms. Available in 50 meter coils, each coil weighing 3 kilograms. Up to ten coils are available. Price: CrlOO per coil. (from Shadows Double Adventure)

Electric Powered Winch

Rope

GameLords' The Mountain Environment (1983) by J. Andrew Keith is going to have all the gear and rules you will ever need for a mountaineering expedition. And if you've got all of that, you might as well run his Ascent to Anekthor (1984) adventure, set in Reaver's Deep.

The MgT1 CSC had basically a liquid rope that sprayed out and hardened.

Those grav boots Spock had to pester then save Kirk could be fun although kind of ruin the cliff/spelunking vibe.

While thinking about it, occurs to me there might be expeditionary cable- heavy enough to carry both people and supplies, and have enough width to carry power, oxygen and/or drinking water. Literally a lifeline if something collapses and traps.

Gamelords' The Mountain Environment for CT is avilable at DrivethruRPG. More than enough rules, hazards, and gear on said topic. Design the mountain itself with a variety of micro environments. And don't forget your oxygen supplies once you get too far up depending on the planet's UPP. Yep that detailed:

The Mountain Environment at DrivethruRPG
me.jpg

There is also a The Desert Environment and The Underwater Environment giving similar treatment for those locales,,,

Last edited:
Back