• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

General Dear Markos:::Suliemann Scout

Drakon

SOC-14 1K
TO: Markos Grut, Grut Enterprises, D7, Stanos Port, Vincennes, Vincennes, (Deneb 1122)
FROM: Paul Edward Serrari, LZ 117 Fergus IV Spaceport, Fergus, Caledon, (Reaver's Deep 2014)
DATE: 025-1117
RE: I am alive.

========================================
Dear Markos,

I hope this gram finds you healthy and in good spirits and prosperous and all that. I miss you and all the folks back home. I wish I was there now.

Your ship suffered a misjump between Northammon and home, and I ended up on the other side of the Great Reft. It is going to take me some time getting back. Initial calculations tell me about 3 and a half years after I leave Fergus.

As you know, I can't leave until after I give the drives a full tear down and inspection after a misjump. Complicating matters, we just heard of the Emperor's assasination and the apparent civil war going on inside the Imperium. So, there is that complication. I have no idea what the Aslan are like nor how to maneuver their J5 route across the Reft.

As soon as I get the ship operational, I will start to make my way home. At present I will do not know whether to travel Spinward into Aslan space, or Trailing into Imperial space and a civil war. Will send you further details once the maintenance is completed.

I am doing the work myself. Fortunately, I have the shop manual. It is not specifically for this model of Suliemann however I can piece together enough to get the job done, eventually. Also there is another freighter captain here who has loaned me some tools and support, but it is a good thing you paid me in advance.

M-drive, power, and life support are all operational, but there is a very good reason they let her go for only 8 MCr. I don't believe she has been properly maintained in decades, and she definitely needs a thorough scrubbing, which she is getting.

The people here at Fergus are pretty nice, and even got to talk with one of the Caledonian Barons. He'd just returned from a border skirmish with an Imperial Psion hunter that almost became an interstellar war. In the end, the hunter and his prey, along with a lot of naval people on both side, died, and the issue is now moot. Still, makes you think.

Oh and this Baron ain't at all snooty like that Count we met on Peres last year. He was quite interested in your ship.

Fergus IV is doing winter right now. Have not been this cold and still able to breathe in forever. But the fuel purifiers are working, now, so I can stay warm inside, while I am working on your boat.

I claim the right to name the ship the "M.S.S. Pandora". M.S.S. for "Markos' Star Ship" and "Pandora" after that freighter captain I told you about. Calling her "the 301 boat" just doesn't seem right. Besides, an old Suliemann like her may look like a gift from the Gods, but she is also a box full of trouble if the jump drive acts up. So that seems appropriate.

Well let me get this in the post. If all goes well, by the time you get this, I should be near Seddon. Will send updates when I can

Your employee
Pez Serrari

=================================
Second Life, is nearly the perfect sandbox game You can play anything and be anyone you want. Some folks have gotten together and set up Fergus IV, a collection of sims to represent one of the planets in the Fergus system from the Traveller Universe. Obviously not the main world.

I have just joined the group, and am role playing a young ferry pilot, that was transporting a Sulieman Type S from Northammon to Vincennes, when something went wrong. It is the year 1117, and we've just heard of the assasination.

For this RP, I am building a Suliemann in Second Life. I am not the first one, as the Baron I mentioned earlier has already completed one, and I know of at least 1 other Type S in SL. But this one will be better simply because it will be mine. Pictures to follow, hopefully in 2 weeks, depending.

The nice freighter captain I mentioned is letting me build the ship on the sim she lives on. It seems only fair to name it after her, don't you think?

(Well, she will belong to Markos, my NPC boss.)

Also because of this I have been collection information and writeups of the Suliemann class, from the different editions. I am fond of the MegaTraveller one, as it allows one to talk about the 864 Megawatt reactor, and the 10kW Neutrino scanner, (which is another thing that needs repair.) Still would like to see others.

But I do have a few questions:

1) Can someone translate into Vilani the following phrases
"A gift from the Gods"
"A box of trouble"

2) I am using the Rylanor yards deckplans as a basis, and wanted to declare the Pandora was built at Rylanor AAA shipyards in 996. Not knowing who Rylanor is in Traveller, (and get some Warhamster stuff when I google.)There is a Rylanor subsector somewhere in the Marches, so not at all sure some one on Vincennes would name a shipyard after it. Is the owner of Rylanor yards (artist of the deckplans) around?

3) What are the Imperium legal requirements in the event of a misjump like this? You find yourself on the other end of the galaxy, with someone else's starship. What are you legally required to do, and what can you legally get away with under Imperial jurisdiction? I realize that it looks like I will be flying through the war zone, possibly 3, (Solmani advance, the civil war itself, and the Varg attack on Corridor) and the law may be nothing but a technicality, but I am not at all sure what the law would say.

Not knowing who Rylanor is in Traveller, (and get some Warhamster stuff when I google.)

Rhylanor is a world and Capitol of the Rhylanor subsector in the Spinward Marches.

When you Google for Traveller stuff, always put the word 'Traveller' in with the other search items.

Rhylanor is a world and Capitol of the Rhylanor subsector in the Spinward Marches.

When you Google for Traveller stuff, always put the word 'Traveller' in with the other search items.
An ability to spell properly would be helpful as well.
Rhylanor is TL 15, how long has it been TL 15? More importantly is it prior to 996? Rhylanor can work as a build point, as it is not far from either Vincennes or Northammon.

Dear Markos-the MSS Pandora is alive

TO: Markos Grut, Grut Enterprises, D7, Stanos Port, Vincennes, Vincennes, (Deneb 1122)
FROM: Paul Edward Serrari, LZ 117, Fergus IV Spaceport, Fergus, Caledon, (Reaver's Deep 2014)
DATE: 043-1117
RE: MSS Pandora is alive.

Hey Markos, many greetings and all that, here is my report.
1) The M.S.S. Pandora passed inspections today and she is now certified jumpworthy. I had a lot of help and will need to hang around a bit and do some favors for the parts and help. But the ship is operational and spacworthy now.
2) The Planetary sensor that we all thought was junk actually works. This could come in handy/profitable.
3) I was able to obtain an old hoverscooter, left behind by another ship. It was a, "If you can get it to work, it's yours" kind of deal.
4) The folks here at Whitefall on Fergus IV have been incredibly generous and helpful getting the ship operational, and I have learned a few things that, being a pilot, I never thought about.
5) Talked to the Imperial representatives about the legal issues involving a misjump. Should hear back soon. Enclosed find inspectors report on Jump drive tear down and inspection. Considering this was the first jump since sales, you may be able to get a refund from the Scouts.
6) Rumor has it the Solis are crossing the border and attacking some systems
7) Find enclosed images of your ship and your loyal employee on the surface of Fergus IV, outside the town of Whitefall.

Your loyal employee
Pez Serrari

============================
1_Pandora1_002.png

1_Pandora1_015.png

Please see Imperial Art Gallery for more pictures

Last edited:
Back