• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

DECKPLANS: Nick Bradbeer's Rhino-Hunter 100 ton Long Range Scout

Scarecrow

SOC-14 1K
I've uploaded the first half of my visual interpretation of Nick Bradbeer's Rhino-Hunter 100 ton Long Range Scout for TNE.

Enjoy

Crow

Oh great :rolleyes: I just log off and get ready to shut down when I decide to hit reload and I find your post. Now I have to clean the drool off the keyboard before I can scarf all that beauty to my drive. Well done, and good, nah great work all. Nice pick on the rhino graphic too.

So what's next?
file_22.gif

"I'm going to Dizzy World!" is not the correct answer
file_28.gif

It's very Pretty, but doesn;t have the dropped chin "WoW" factor that your scout had.

Damn that was a pretty ship.

IMTU it's the standard configuration and it means that canon pictures don;t work, but it's worth it to have a ship that the players feel like they can really fly.

I can still see (in my mind's eye) the Scout bobbing on an unnamed lake, sucking up water while the occupants stand on it's upper surface and argue about who cheated at cards.

Brilliant! Thanks for doing the deckplans in a useable scale, we rarely use miniatures, but it's nice to have the option!

I take it the bunks look too narrow because there is overhead storage above them, which takes up half of the bunk's width?

That is correct. Those are overhead storage units blocking half the bunk's width. There are storage units below the bunk too. This isn't very clear in the plans (one of the drawbacks of realistic plans) but is explained in the writeup.

As for the scale, I'm considering rescaling the 25mm plans to 28mm. This is because most miniatures are around the 28-32mm mark and as SJGames excellent 'Cardboard Heroes' tend to be closer to 25mm then I figured 28mm was a reasonable average compromise. Maybe... We'll see.

Crow

Almost entirely Photoshop.

The chairs and a couple of other items were from the
Florian Scout model and rendered in Studio MAX, though I coloured them grey and simply took a tonal render. I then coloured them properly in Photoshop using the colour and multiply layers.
I made rudimentary models of such things as the fuel tanks and doors but they similarly were grey, tonal images and coloured and textured in Photoshop.

The outline of the ship is a top-down render which I then filled with black.

The rest are painted and composited in Photoshop using a variety of layers.
Rust and weathering was applied using photos from the internet overlayed on to the base images using the hard light layers (usually)

Actually, whilst we're talking, here's a work-in-progress update to the model itself - this is a light and texture test render. The humanoid in the foreground is still a work-in-progress and the blue background is simply just a block colour.

attachment.php

Regards,

Crow

Back