• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

GDW 1981 Poster "Map of the Imperium"

I'm always "Trolling" for Trav stuff, but haven't seen these. I'll keep checkin'

Tom

The known space is aviable from Seeker and the other one could be done if one has access to a print shop and CT box.

Originally posted by kafka47:
The known space is aviable from Seeker and the other one could be done if one has access to a print shop and CT box.
errm.... sorry for my ignorance, but who is Seeker?

Interesting note on the "printshop" idea, name(s) shall be withheld to protect the innocent (and me from libel)...I own the "Mayday, mayday" poster and wanted a single reprint done to enhance the display. Folding seams are disquieting. The "printing shop" balked at the reproduction of a licensed product. My argument of wanting a single and not an entire line for distribution won out, but the "printing shop" insisted on keeping my original! This was mid-nineties era reproduction mindedness; perhaps policies have changed, but I have this vision of surrendering my original poster, and the proprietor(s) running off copies for their personal gain. Or even better, the "printshop" personnel may have been closet Traveller junkies! Still, my sacrifice may have had "Mayday, mayday" posters on many more walls than would have been expected!

Yes, I think the thing to do in that case is to say fine, but I want to tear it up when the print is done to my satisfaction
(that'd be hard :( but at least then you're sure they aren't pulling a fast one
)

Originally posted by Maladominus:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by kafka47:
errm.... sorry for my ignorance, but who is Seeker? </font>[/QUOTE]Seeker Gaming Systems is I think the referenced folk. They were/are creators of some licensed Traveller products.

http://www.seekergamingsystems.com/

Originally posted by Maladominus:

http://travellerbibliography.org/gdw-ct/box-poster.html

Has anyone been eBaying these posters recently?

I got this one a few weeks back on eBay, at a very reasonable price. It arrived this week and I'm trying to decide how to mount it. Nice to have it after all these years. My friend had it back in the day and now it's finally mine :D It'll be a nice balance on the wall for my old Spinward Marches map

So keep haunting the Duty Free shop here and eBay, with a little luck you might get them.

Thanks for the info far-trader, and kafka!!!

I see their website now... and the Map of the Imperium is still for sale.

but I will have to hold off on ordering... seems that the Seeker online store is in a state of change. So nothing can safely be ordered yet until their website upgrade is complete

p.s. --- eBaying it is a good idea too

Again, it boils down to your country's defination of Fair Use and so long as it would be used for profit, I am sure that Marc would be cool with the reproduction of a cover.

For me the more interesting poster, I believe appears on the back of Deluxe Traveller which shows a nice starship.

Mwahahaha! I just bought one of these babies on ebay for 70 bucks. It was actually part of a lot containing a Traveller Deluxe Edition box set, I think the seller (or whoever had the box set before him) accidentally replaced the map of the Spinward Marches with the Imperium map poster, since the box is missing the usual SM map. I'm psyched to finally have the long sought-after companion to my other Traveller poster (the one that's a blown-up print of the CT box art). Currently waiting on a frame!

Also there was another copy of the Imperium map just by itself on ebay back in February, it went for $76. I missed that one. But I'm not too salty about it, since I wound up getting one for cheaper a couple months later, AND with a set of LBBs in the bargain :D. If you really want one of these, just lurk ebay, they pop up on occasion.

Congrats! Obviously, it was deeply inspirational for me as well.

(I have two from back-in-the-day. I think one of them has known sector names added in pencil, c/o the Atlas and the Alien Module maps)

My copy of the Deluxe Version had both the Imperium and Spinward Marches (the box is still here but in really, really bad shape. The maps are still good shape other than the creases from folding). And no, I am still clutching them so not for sale :)

Back