• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Geese, Now David Drake... It's not my year.

Damn, I've read a ton of his books. He will be missed. Just re-read "Ranks of Bronze", "Foreign Legions" and "The Excalibur Alternative" a few months ago. And I was always a fan of the "Leary" books.

The only Drake I've read is Hammer's Slammers - but that's had an impact on how I approach SF gaming. Mostly because while I liked the characters, I didn't like the tech paradigm.

His loss is notable.

But, let's face it - they, like us all, get a limited time of useful consciousness, and we all will eventually join them in finding out what lies beyond the Mortal Coil.

The only Drake I've read is Hammer's Slammers - but that's had an impact on how I approach SF gaming. Mostly because while I liked the characters, I didn't like the tech paradigm.

His loss is notable.

But, let's face it - they, like us all, get a limited time of useful consciousness, and we all will eventually join them in finding out what lies beyond the Mortal Coil.
Yes

Especially as its a very long time to tech level 15 and anagathics becoming available.

My scintillating personality and rapier wit will be uploaded and incorporated into a global AI network, so I plan on being here quite a while... :)

Back