• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

GunMaker Questions

I didn't want to hijack somebody elses thread, but I wrote this up sooo :)

I wrote a GunMaker app a while back. I ended up running into some issues and gave up with finishing it, but it is very close.

Disclaimer: I've never played traveller, and have barely gotten into T5. Through I have wrote LOTS of software for traveller games, some things I am just not that familiar with, like the T5 combat system.

Anyway, some answers/clarifications to these issues would let me finish this sucker.

Using 5.09 PDF

p213 has Plasma/Fusion launchers, nowhere else... I figured they should be removed.

p215 has revolver code as 'R', 213 'Re', I went with Re.

p213 Experimental is listed as -2, when on p217 its -3, and I'm pretty sure it should be +3.

p213 Prototype is listed as -1, and wrong again on p217 as -2, I am pretty sure it should be +2.

p213 has code for Standard as Std, p217 its just St, I figured Std was fine.

p213 has code for Sniper as 'S', but p217 it is 'Sn', I figured S was fine.

p213 Obsolete has no TL mod, and it isn't even listed on p217. NO idea what to do with that.

p217 lists Alternate, but it isn't anywhere else for stats. It also has the qreBs as 'F', surely that doesn't mean "15"!

p217 Generic only here, nowhere else, dunno what to do.

p217 has an Anti-Designator, but not on p213, not sure its right or not.

p213/217 the Aslan code is mixed between 'A' and 'P'

p217 Portable has a '1' for R= column, is this an addition, subtraction, or multiplication?

p217 under portability, what does "Hit Recoil +" mean?

p213/216 Is Gas and Poison Gas the same thing?

p213/216 There is a 'Dart', and later a 'Poison Dart'. One does Tranq, the other Poison damage, but these are never listed as 2 descriptors.

I swear I saw it before, but I couldn't figure out what "1-2-3" meant on the D2 column on p216.

Many of these errors seem to also be on the armor tables for ArmorMaker (like +4 TL for Obsolete on p233), so I it was really frustrating.

I seem to recall being pretty confused on how to determine D1/D2/D3, which values to use, and what Hits (v1) was.

I have most of this working, and could pretty easily finish it up enough to make it kinda usable, but would need good clarification for all of those.

I have also noticed some of the weapon stats don't seem right, like the PGMP-11 on p222 not having the ability to fire Burst or Full when it very much should based on p220.

I also have quite a few questions on the options on p219, but can hit those up if somebody helps with the previous.

Thanks for any assistance.

Bad_Syntax

Also, I'm pretty sure Heavy and Light can apply to lasers but magnum can't.

Just waitin' for the errata updates with the rest of us I guess.

Definitely repost this to stickied errata thread at top of this group. I will look at this list later to see what I can clarify

I wrote an iOS GunMaker app this year and poured through the errata and other threads here to figure things out. YMMV, but here's what I did:

p213 has Plasma/Fusion launchers, nowhere else... I figured they should be removed.
Yup, removed.

p215 has revolver code as 'R', 213 'Re', I went with Re.
I used R.

p213 Experimental is listed as -2, when on p217 its -3, and I'm pretty sure it should be +3.
That's the tech level mod, I used -3. It should be negative as you're developing an experimental weapon at a lower tech level.

p213 Prototype is listed as -1, and wrong again on p217 as -2, I am pretty sure it should be +2.
I used -2. Again, it should be negative.

p213 has code for Standard as Std, p217 its just St, I figured Std was fine.
I used St.

p213 has code for Sniper as 'S', but p217 it is 'Sn', I figured S was fine.
I used Sn.

p213 Obsolete has no TL mod, and it isn't even listed on p217. NO idea what to do with that.
I tended to use p217 as canonical, so I left out Obsolete completely.

p217 lists Alternate, but it isn't anywhere else for stats. It also has the qreBs as 'F', surely that doesn't mean "15"!
I used it, and assumed F meant a random positive flux value for Burden. Probably not right, as designing a weapon shouldn't have a random factor.

p217 Generic only here, nowhere else, dunno what to do.
I used it.

p217 has an Anti-Designator, but not on p213, not sure its right or not.
I used it.

p213/217 the Aslan code is mixed between 'A' and 'P'
I used P for Paw, but noted (Aslan) in subtext.

p217 Portable has a '1' for R= column, is this an addition, subtraction, or multiplication?
I used addition to Range.

p217 under portability, what does "Hit Recoil +" mean?
That's Hi, not Hit. It's the Recoil special effect type on p218. If the weapon is Hi Recoil and less than 40 Kg then you add "Portable" to the LongName and Model strings.

p213/216 Is Gas and Poison Gas the same thing?
I used Poison Gas. Again, I tend to ignore p213 and go with the info in the tables.

p213/216 There is a 'Dart', and later a 'Poison Dart'. One does Tranq, the other Poison damage, but these are never listed as 2 descriptors.
I used both.

I swear I saw it before, but I couldn't figure out what "1-2-3" meant on the D2 column on p216.
Me neither. Maybe it's from 5.0 or the simple combat resolution system.

It seems to me it was settings for 1 2 or 3 damage but I can't remember where I saw it. Possibly combat. If it was 3, 2, 1 it might be damage at short, medium, and long range, but it's not.

Me neither. Maybe it's from 5.0 or the simple combat resolution system.

It seems to me it was settings for 1 2 or 3 damage but I can't remember where I saw it. Possibly combat. If it was 3, 2, 1 it might be damage at short, medium, and long range, but it's not.

IIRC, in T5 Lasers have a selector with 3 damage settings numbered 1, 2 and 3.

IIRC, in T5 Lasers have a selector with 3 damage settings numbered 1, 2 and 3.

many spray designators, exotic designators, and darts have the power setting
that map to p1 p2 p3 settings from p184

p2 setting(normal) and 2D6 damage are standard setting unless otherwise changed.

Unfortunately the rules do not explicitly state that power maps directly to the number of dice but the image on p220 does this mapping.
powersetting => 1-2-3

this is an errata issue.

Back