• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

I Need Help Fixing My Traveller Book

OK, so my venerable copy of "The Traveller Book" slipped out of it's cover. All the pages are still bound together, but the wraparound cover is now a separate piece (not to be confused with "A Separate Peace.")

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to re-attach the cover?

Thank you for your help!

Same thing happened with my softcover replacement copy. I originally had the hard cover that got stolen. Since I never take it off the shelf any more (I have the Classic Traveller CD), I never tried to fix it. But it looks like it was just glued on. Try some Elmer's Glue? There might also be webpages that tell you how to do it.

Depends, if it was stitched then glued to the cover, then a more often than not you can place the cover back around the leaves and use an iron to reactivate the glue. If it used a heat set glue in the 1st place. If not they make glue that you can brush on and reset the cover. Both methods work best with a book press.

Or you can look for a local book binder and ask them how much it would cost to fix. Hint ask at your local library about local Book Binders.

note most soft covered books use perfect binding, which is a heat set glue.

It really comes down to how much you love he book, as you can get a replacement on DrivethruRPG for about $20.

There are a bunch of "do you own book binding" videos on YouTube, you may want to explore those to see if any suit your situation.

To reiterate something mentioned upthread you can buy a brand new print on demand Traveller Book from Drive Thru - I have four bought four of them as gifts and for use at the table. They lack the dust jacket sadly.

I do wonder if there is a way to pod the cover artwork from the pdf...

A decent scanner and I could duplicate the dust jacket I have...

hmm

Back