• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

IMTU Baronet badges ( all 8)

I may be mistaken, but isn't the unicorn Norris' personal badge, which became the Domain badge upon his accession to the Archducal dignity?

If so, is there a pre-FFW design?

I may be mistaken, but isn't the unicorn Norris' personal badge, which became the Domain badge upon his accession to the
Archducal dignity?

Yes, you are correct.

If so, is there a pre-FFW design?
Hard to say. While there is officially the existence of the Domain of Deneb prior to Norris's ascension in 1114/1116, canonically the order supposedly had no members (Knights or Baronets) until after that date. Unofficially (and in light of some of the T5 patent cards since T5's publication) there might be a minor retcon that allows members to be inducted into the order by the de facto Archduke of Deneb (which is the Emperor with whom all titles originate) until an actual Archduke is appointed to the position.

The Domain very well may have had a heraldry office even before it had an Archduke.

But, on the other hand, since there was no Domain badge until Norris might mean that there were no heraldic conventions for it until then.

These are about to be revised using Graphic SVG standby

May I make a suggestion:

For the Domain of Deneb Baronet Badges and the Chivalric Order of Deneb pins and badges, for those which are depicted for use prior to 1116 there should be no unicorn or unicorn-head motifs, as that is explicitly derived from the arms of the House of Aledon, and that symbology only became significant after Norris's ascension to the Archdukedom. Could there be versions for both before and after 1116?

(I realize that before 1116 there technically might be no version at all, as there might be no members in those orders, but since some people seem to have received T5 Patents in those orders for patents prior to that time, and it would be useful for campaigns in the Spinward Marches, we can use the precedent that the Emperor in his capacity as de facto Archduke until an appointment to the dignity is made can appoint people to the Order and/or Baronage/Baronetage. The question would be, what would the Badges and/or Stars-of-the-Order, etc. look like? Perhaps just base it on the current versions, but with the Unicorns and Unicorn-heads removed?)

(BTW I love all of the artwork you have done and posted for use on the wiki).

May I make a suggestion:

For the Domain of Deneb Baronet Badges and the Chivalric Order of Deneb pins and badges, for those which are depicted for use prior to 1116 there should be no unicorn or unicorn-head motifs, as that is explicitly derived from the arms of the House of Aledon, and that symbology only became significant after Norris's ascension to the Archdukedom. Could there be versions for both before and after 1116?

(I realize that before 1116 there technically might be no version at all, as there might be no members in those orders, but since some people seem to have received T5 Patents in those orders for patents prior to that time, and it would be useful for campaigns in the Spinward Marches, we can use the precedent that the Emperor in his capacity as de facto Archduke until an appointment to the dignity is made can appoint people to the Order and/or Baronage/Baronetage. The question would be, what would the Badges and/or Stars-of-the-Order, etc. look like? Perhaps just base it on the current versions, but with the Unicorns and Unicorn-heads removed?)

(BTW I love all of the artwork you have done and posted for use on the wiki).
Given the fact that MM passed out the titles and I have a few, I make the presumtion that the Orders of the Marches and Deneb along with the Baronetage/Baronage is established. JTAS#9 p12 implies this. It was my interpretation that the archduchy was vacant in the present time prior to 1116. That doesn’t mean that the Baronetage / Baronage is not established we are talking about 600 years of history and expansion ( not “stale” expansion either). However the bridled steed constellation is mentioned with regards to the spinward marches hence the unicorn. I will be revamping all the old badges and stuff I did. If MM is still around I may get that email asking for the graphics again.

Last edited:
Given the fact that MM passed out the titles and I have a few, I make the presumtion that the Orders of the Marches and Deneb along with the Baronetage/Baronage is established. JTAS#9 p12 implies this. It was my interpretation that the archduchy was vacant in the present time prior to 1116.

Fully agreed that they are established as of 589, and the Archduchy is vacant until 1116, when Duke Norris assumes the title (one way or the other, depending on which branch of the timeline split you go).

That doesn’t mean that the Baronetage / Baronage is not established we are talking about 600 years of history and expansion ( not “stale” expansion either).

Again agreed, and this is the point I was making.

However the bridled steed constellation is mentioned with regards to the spinward marches hence the unicorn. I will be revamping all the old badges and stuff I did. If MM is still around I may get that email asking for the graphics again.

Yes, the bridled steed is a constellation seen within the Marches visibly from different worlds much as Orion would be visible across much of Charted Space (unlike many other Terran constellations), and it is from that constellation that the Aledon's took their family livery. The question is: Was the Bridled Steed/Unicorn a symbol of the Domain (as distinct from just the Spinward Marches) prior to the Aledon ascension to the Archducal title of not?

Given the fact that MM passed out the titles and I have a few, I make the presumtion that the Orders of the Marches and Deneb along with the Baronetage/Baronage is established. JTAS#9 p12 implies this. It was my interpretation that the archduchy was vacant in the present time prior to 1116. That doesn’t mean that the Baronetage / Baronage is not established we are talking about 600 years of history and expansion ( not “stale” expansion either). However the bridled steed constellation is mentioned with regards to the spinward marches hence the unicorn. I will be revamping all the old badges and stuff I did. If MM is still around I may get that email asking for the graphics again.
For you

IMG_1016.png

Back