• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

T20 Only: Ingrid Caradeen AI Starship Android Character

Werner

SOC-13
PERSONAL DATA AND HISTORY
1. Current Date: June 29, 1134
2. Name3. UPPStrDexConIntEduWisChaSoc
Ingrid CaradeenAbilityDCEHACEH
Class/Level/RaceDecimal1312141710121417
Navy/3/Human AndroidModifiers+1+1+2+3+0+1+2+3
4. Noble Title5. Military Rank6. BirthdateGenderActual AgeHeightWeight
KnightSpace HandAugust 1,1111Female21 years1.6 m56 kg
8. BirthworldStarportSizeAtmHydroPopGovLawTech
GaiaA867634B
StaminaStructural IntegrityStamina DiceLift over headLift off groundPush or DragLight loadMed load
15143d6+667.5 kg135 kg337.5 kg22.5 kg45 kg
Armor Class= 10 +ARMOR (AR)SHIELD (AR)RACEDEXSIZEMISCTEMPPENALTY
SAVING THROWSTotalBaseAbilityMiscTempINITIATIVEDexMisc
FortitudeConstitution+312+1+1+0
ReflexDexterity+2119m/6 sqr
WillWisdom+431Speed Meters Sqr
ATTACK ROLLSTotalBaseDexSizeMiscTemp
MELEE+2+1+1+0+0
RANGED+2+1+1+0+0
WEAPONS
WeaponAtt BonusDamageCriticalRangeTypeSizeROF
Laser rifle+33d10×260 metersLaserMed+1
Notes
Laser pistol+32d10×236 metersLaserSmall+1
Notes
Dagger-11d4+119-201.5/3 metersPiercingTiny+0
Notes
SKILLS
Cross Class?MAX RANKS = LVL+3(/2)TOTALRANKSMISCABILITYKEY ABILITY
NoBribery+42+0+2Cha
NoForgery+52+0+3Int
NoGambling+52+0+3Int
NoGunnery+32+0+1Wis
NoLiaison+42+0+2Cha
NoPilot+52+0+3Int
NoRecruiting+22+0+0Edu
NoTechnical/Astrogation+22+0+0Edu
NoDriving+52+0+3Int
NoForward Observer+41+0+3Int
NoGather Information+31+0+2Cha
NoLeader+31+0+2Cha
NoNavigation+11+0+0Edu
NoP/Administration+21+0+1Wis
NoSurvival+21+0+1Wis
EQUIPMENT CARRIEDOTHER POSSESSIONS
ItemWeightItemLocationWeightScout/courier
Laser Rifle4 kgAndroid Robot
Laser Pistol1200g
Dagger250g
FEATS & SPECIAL ABILITIESCREDITS
Armor Proficiency (Light)Cr490
Armor Proficiency (Vac Suit)EXPERIENCE
Armor Proficiency (Battle Dress)Total Experience
Vessel (Starships)5000 XP
Weapon Proficiency (Marksman)XPs Needed For Next Level
Weapon Proficiency (Laser)6000 XP
Weapon Focus (Laser)LANGUAGES
Weapon Proficiency (Ship's Weapons)Galanglic
Does not breathe. (Can operate in a vacuum or underwater without survival equipment.)Has access to library data from
Needs to remain within 500km of the scout/couriership's computer for translations.
BACKGROUNDNOTES
Ingrid is a high artificial intelligence personality emulator program,Ingrid must remain within 500 km
she is programmed to think like a human being, her personalityof the scout ship for two-way
resides in the computer of a TL17 Scout courier, through a mesoncommunication so she can experience
communicator, she manipulates an android in the shape of asensory inputs from the android's body
young woman, and treats this as it were her own body.and to have that "in-person effect."

Last edited by a moderator:
Is she a player character or the campaign's arch-villain opponent?
A potential player character, I rolled her up as I would a player character, and then started using the vehicle rules to stat out an android. There are character limits for each post, so I am posting her character sheet in sections.

What you see above are her stats, vital statistics, I listed her age as 21, she served 1 term in the Imperial Navy, but actually she is property of the Navy. Doing the robot rules, I found out that her brain was bigger than her body, so I couldn't fit it in her head and give all the skills of a player character, so her brain is kept in a tech level 17 scout/courier, her android body is a remote device, the Ship's computer communicates with it using a meson communicator, the ship meson beam has a range of 13,000 km so it can pass right through a planet, but the meson communicator in the android body only has a range of 500 km. So for 2-way communication, she needs to stay within 500 km of the ship and not be cut off by a meson screen, but to kill her, you would need to destroy the ship, not her android body. She likes to keep this a secret though the android body is quite expensive, so she doesn't like to lose that either.

A potential player character, I rolled her up as I would a player character, and then started using the vehicle rules to stat out an android. There are character limits for each post, so I am posting her character sheet in sections.

I'm used to MT, and so I might get the wrong impression here, but wow, between her characteristics and abilities I wonder what room it leaves the other "medium" PCs. To be honest, from the get go I thought you were trying to build up a NPC for a scenario, that the PCs would have to team up to best.

Part 2 Starship
SCOUT/COURIER
Class: Starship, type SEP Output: 16 (2 excess)Double Turret: Particle accelerators (2)
Tech Level: 17Agility: 2 (+2 EP)Attack Bonus +5 (+3 USP),
Size: Medium (100 tons)Initiative: +2 (+2 Agility)Damage 3d12
Streamlining: StreamlinedAC: 12 (+2 Agility)Special damage radiation 3d10
Jump Range: 1 × Jump-2Repulsors: 0Critical 17-20/×1
Acceleration: 2-GNuclear Dampers: 0Range 30,000 km
Jump Fuel: 20 tonsMeson Screens: 0
Power Plant Fuel: 4 tonsBlack Globes: 0
Duration: 40 yearsAR: 0
Crew: 1SI: 100
Staterooms: 4Main Computer: Model/3 + Model/M9 Robot Brain
Small Cabins: 0Sensor Range: Short (Model/3)
Bunks: 0Comm. Range: Close (Model/3 meson)
Couches: 0
Low Berths: 0
Cargo Space: 21.8Cost: MCr65.023
Atmospheric Speeds: NoE= 275kph
Cruising = 825kphMaximum = 1100kph
Other Equipment: Air/raft, fuel scoops.

Installed componentsTonnageCostEPNotes
100-ton Hull (Wedge)+100MCr12+0
Bridge-20MCr0.5
Computer + Model/M9 Robot Brain-0.5MCr25.8Model/3 + Model/M9 Robot Brain
Flight Avionics-1.2(MCr2.7)Model/3
Sensors-0.9(MCr1.8)Model/3
Communications-0.6(MCr7.5)Model/3 meson
Jump Drive 2-3MCr12-2
Jump Fuel-20
Maneuver Drive 2-5MCr3.5-2
TL 17 Antimatter Power Plant-2MCr2+1640 years of operation.
Antimatter Power Plant Fuel-4
Fuel ScoopsMCr0.1
1 Hard PointMCr0.1
Double TurretMCr0.75
Particle accelerators (2)-6MCr6-10
Air/Raft-5MCr0.273
Staterooms (4)-16MCr2
Cargo-21.8
Totals-6.MCr65.023

Last edited:
I'm used to MT, and so I might get the wrong impression here, but wow, between her characteristics and abilities I wonder what room it leaves the other "medium" PCs. To be honest, from the get go I thought you were trying to build up a NPC for a scenario, that the PCs would have to team up to best.

This is T20 so her abilities range from 3 to 18 rather than from 2 to 12 as a character, she is a third level Navy which means she served 1 term in the Navy, was actually built by the Navy along with her Starship. When the virus hit, she escaped to the Andromeda Galaxy using the Terra Jump gate the planet she ends up at is tech level 11, so her tech level 17 starship is going to have some problems, it has a 40 year supply of antimatter, she only needs the hydrogen fuel for her Jump Drive. The reason why Gaia is tech level 11 is that it has only been settled by offworlders for 30 years, it has a population in the millions, so a lot of parts on it are rather primitive with people sometimes living in log cabins with outhouses, the capital city of the planet is called New New York, it has a population of a few hundred thousand people and a class A starport which is a retired Imperium Naval Fleet Carrier that was send through the gate and is now orbiting the planet, there is a down port too, but the Class A part of it is in orbit, if you want a ship built or serviced, that is where it's done. There are landing facilities in New New York, you can get refined fuel there too.

Also in New New York is a library, a central computer with plans inside to build a tech level 17 industry, but this requires the building of a lot of additional infrastructure.

To translate T20 stats to classic stats here is a chart:
3 => 2
4 => 2
5 => 3
6 => 4
7 => 4
8 => 5
9 => 6
10 => 7
11 => 7
12 => 8
13 => 9
14 => 10
15 => 10
16 => 11
17 => 12
18 => 12

I've finally realised you are using T20.

To answer a couple of points you have raised - vehicle scale EPs and starship scale EPs are different, I will dig out the conversion rate used back in the day.

Synthetic/android characters and stats were introduced in the 1248 era material for T20.

I've finally realised you are using T20.

To answer a couple of points you have raised - vehicle scale EPs and starship scale EPs are different, I will dig out the conversion rate used back in the day.

Synthetic/android characters and stats were introduced in the 1248 era material for T20.
My version of this is not ready for prime time, she is a prototype, with a Starship computer for a brain, as its bigger than her android body by over 200%. So Ingrid is actually an AI starship with a remote Android that is teleoperated by her, using a meson communicator. This is right before the Virus hit that she was built, much of the late Imperium tech was lost and only later recovered, that is the story I'm going with.

When she is interacting with crewmembers onboard her ship, she uses a hologram to represent herself rather than the robot, it is a very realistic hologram, and it looks solid and real until someone tries to touch it, there are hologram projectors in every room inmthe Starship including the cargo hold, the gun turret, the corridors, bridge, staterooms, and ship's locker, the hologram projection is continuous throughout the ship, and her image can move from room to room without any discontinuities, during these times her android body goes into the Ship's locker to save onmwear and tear.

Oh, I get it, sorry for the confusion - I'm really not familiar with T20. In the MT terms I'm more used to, her characteristics would look through the roof! :)
Classic Traveller has Stren, Dext, Endur, Intel, Educ, and Soc.
T20 has Str, Dex, Con, Int, Edu, Wis, Cha, Soc.
So
Str => Stren
Dex => Dext
Con => Endur
Int or Wis => Intel (whichever is greater)
Edu => Educ
Cha or Soc => Soc (whichever is greater)

T20 translates to

Ingrid Caradeen Retired Navy 98AC7C Age 21 (8 actual) 1 term Bribery-1, Forgery-1, Gambling-1, Gunnery-1, Liaison-1, Pilot-1, Recruiting-1, Driving-2, Forward Observer-2, Gather Ingormation-1, Leader-1, Navigation-1, Administration-1, Survival-1
Laser Rifle, Laser Pistol, Dagger, Scout/courier, Cr490.

T20 translates to

Ingrid Caradeen Retired Navy 98AC7C Age 21 (8 actual) 1 term Bribery-1, Forgery-1, Gambling-1, Gunnery-1, Liaison-1, Pilot-1, Recruiting-1, Driving-2, Forward Observer-2, Gather Ingormation-1, Leader-1, Navigation-1, Administration-1, Survival-1
Laser Rifle, Laser Pistol, Dagger, Scout/courier, Cr490.

I see. Does she have an innate Computer ability?

I see. Does she have an innate Computer ability?
She is a computer or at least a computer program, she needs to run on a TL17 positronic brain and the only one available for her to inhabit is her ship's computer. I guess you can say her ability is innate, she has a master program that allows her to slave lesser computers to her will, she needs to be able to communicate with the device, her ship has a meson communicator, I'll assume it can also send and receive radio signals for game purposes.

She probably needs the computer skill to do a hostile takeover. This character is a work in progress. In T20 terms, she is only a 3rd level character, the way I stated her she is not a computer hacker, she has the relevant skills to pilot and operate a starship, she can fire the ship's guns, and she can plot a jump, and has proficiency with laser weapons.

Think of it this was the ship's computer is to her what are brains are to us, I am not a brain surgeon even though I use my brain I do not know how it works, Ingrid has a similar relationship with the ship's computer, she does not consciously program computers or write code, it is more like an immune system is to us, we can fight germs, our bodies do this automatically without our conscious mind getting involved. Her subconscious mind does the coding, she is not conscious of how they work.

Back