• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Just started

I am just about done reading the first book, On Basilisks Station. Damn that is a good book. I am a bit overwhelmed at the amount of books in the series. I might not read them all, but this is an awesome series.

Originally posted by Clandaith:
I am just about done reading the first book, On Basilisks Station. Damn that is a good book. I am a bit overwhelmed at the amount of books in the series. I might not read them all, but this is an awesome series.
lol the number of books in the main series is saposed to about double

the 2 side series are saposed to be 6-8 books each from one info dump I seen :D

If you liked the first one i bet that you will end up reading them all, i did .
Every year or so i reread them all ,it gets me in the mood for a good traveller game .

New HH book due out from Baen in November. The book is named At All Costs. Bets on how high the body count goes in this book? The Peeps Must Die!!!

Originally posted by Clandaith:
I agree. I'm just a ways into book #1 and it's great, but I wonder if I can make it through a full series of anything.

So far, so good.

It reads very well. The plots start to get political both in an interstellar sense and a Royal Naval sense.

Another series you may or may not like is Roland Green's Starcruiser Shenandoah series. Again, large ship navy with complications. Big fun!

What is the scientific designation of the Sphinxian Trecat?

I don't know, I seem to remember having seen it in one of the books, but am having problems finding it.

"Felix Sphynxus Harrington"?

"Felix Sphynxus Stephanie"?

I think the Chanur books could be used as an example of an Aslan sub-culture... what do you think Renard Ruche?

Damn Tully-person.

Back