• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Lesser known perks of Scouts...

c7e9a7_873ad2fa24f840898c7100b906db6355~mv2.jpg

Scouts don't have to get brewing/distilling permits. As long as they have an IISS Identification, they can legally own/operate 1 still on their ship.

And TAS-Mart sells a still with attachments for fitting it to your hull while in Jumpspace. Just for that 'Jump-distilled' flavor.

Deadheading...
unfortunate word for the Scout service.
Isn't that what Psions call non-Psions? Deadheads?

I have an image of a freezer full of dead scouts, but only their heads, on their way for one last brain scan...

hmm, what if during said scan something important were discovered...

what if it warranted the rebuilding of the dead scout (clone if possible, synthetic if not) and downloading what memories they could...

I have an image of a freezer full of dead scouts, but only their heads, on their way for one last brain scan...

what if it warranted the rebuilding of the dead scout (clone if possible, synthetic if not) and downloading what memories they could...

Seriously though, that sounds like great potential for an Amber Zone write-up.

Something about deadheading and trains... ;)

Deadhead. Employee riding on company pass or on company business. OR Train and/or engine crew going from one terminal to another without performing service for which they were paid the regular rate as though they had worked.

…making it imperative the PCs get the Scout’s head back to the TL15 base without the antagonistic getting their hands on him?

As in the Vorkosigan Saga novels/short stories.

Back