• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Maintenance Crew for Mercenary Cruiser

Garnfellow

SOC-13
I am really struggling to figure out how they ended up with 1 maintenance crew in the Imperial Encyclopedia.

The formula from the Consolidated Errata is Cm = (A ÷ C) ÷ 400 (drop fractions), where A=Hull displacement divided by 100 and C=Computer CP Multiple.

A Mercenary Cruiser is 800 tons displacement with 3 Model/5s, each of which has a CP Multiple of 35. No idea how to calculate CP with multiple computers, but let's ignore that for now.

800/100 = 8, divided by 35 = 0.2286, divided by 400 = .0006. Drop fractions = 0.

?

[FONT=arial,helvetica]Garnfellow wrote:
[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]A Mercenary Cruiser is 800 tons displacement with 3 Model/5s, each of which has a CP Multiple of 35. No idea how to calculate CP with multiple computers ... [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]In MT I believe 3 computers was standard for starships: 1 Main and 2 back-ups, theoretically all runing the same programs as triple-checks on each other.
[/FONT]

I am really struggling to figure out how they ended up with 1 maintenance crew in the Imperial Encyclopedia.

The entire ship is way off, as far as I can see. Note that is has two pinnaces with two extra modules (presumably for cutters).

The ship has twice the power and 4-5 times the controls necessary, but no armaments or reserved space for turrets.

Presumably the ship in the book uses the original formula from RM. Still should be 0 Maintenance crew as you say.

It doesn't matter how many computers you have, only one CPm counts.

The closest I can get without trying too hard is:

Mass ratings are way off?

Thanks for the sanity check. I had heard the MT designs were pretty messed up, but never really dug in before.

Back