• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

(Mongoose) New for Traveller This Week

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Administrator
Mongoose
We have two absolutely cracking releases for Traveller fans this week - the all new Supplement 1: 760 Patrons - 2nd Edition, and Supplement 8: Cybernetics.

Supplement 1: 760 Patrons 2nd Edition
Completely rewritten, the second edition of 760 Patrons brings back adventures hooks, plot lines and ideas in the classic format of providing an encounter for the players, along with up to six options for the referee as to how the adventure will progress.

Got nothing prepared for the next gaming session of Traveller? Your players wandered off into deep space again, far from your planned adventure?

Worry not, for 760 Patrons is here to rescue you!

The original 76 Patrons became a lifeline for many Games Masters during Traveller campaigns, as it provided a ready source of adventure material that could be quickly generated when players started looking for work beyond their normal trading and exploration. The all new 760 Patrons Second Edition is literally ten times bigger and better, potentially allowing you to run a complete campaign with nothing but this and the main rulebook!

For more information and a free preview, visit;

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/detail.php?qsID=1888

Supplement 8: Cybernetics
Designed for all Traveller settings, Cybernetics puts the Cyber into cyberpunk. Whether you are looking at a setting based around technological enhancements, or just wanting to build your character up with a few augments, Cybernetics is for you.

With full rules for turning man into machine, Cybernetics is suitable for creating a war-grade killing machine festooned with internal weaponry and defences, or a sleek agent with the very latest enhancements and upgrades. You can now fine tune your character into an absolute master in their chosen profession.

For more information and a free preview, visit;

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/detail.php?qsID=1889

And when will the stuff apear in shops in Europe? Even the previous release (Book 9) has not yet managed to reach the distributors. Amazon is listing it as "Delivery date not known".

Amazon is a law unto itself, especially outside of the US. However, Robot has already hit European distribution (did so in December, I believe).

Amazon is a law unto itself, especially outside of the US. However, Robot has already hit European distribution (did so in December, I believe).

Okay. Any idea how long it takes from distributors till it ends up in the FLGS then (So worst case Iknow wether it is worth waiting for Amazon)?

According to my FLGSses the book is "not deliverable" on all distributers they have and they normally get stuff quite fast/steady. And the stores are not "wayoutathere/tiny" but rather in the "big cities" (Essen, Cologne, Bochum) and of the "large, old and established" type (6+ years in the business, more than one outlet in one case) having your products since the days of Conan.

Okay. Any idea how long it takes from distributors till it ends up in the FLGS then (So worst case Iknow wether it is worth waiting for Amazon)?

Days. It is quick.

According to my FLGSses the book is "not deliverable" on all distributers they have and they normally get stuff quite fast/steady. And the stores are not "wayoutathere/tiny" but rather in the "big cities" (Essen, Cologne, Bochum) and of the "large, old and established" type (6+ years in the business, more than one outlet in one case) having your products since the days of Conan.

We deal with the two main German distributors of RPGs, and they both order on a regular basis (like, weekly or fortnightly) from us, so there shouldn't be any issues here - but it happens sometimes, especially when a range is as large as Traveller.

If you could possibly tell me the name of your store and, it would be helpful but not essential, their preferred distributor, we can make sure these books are in their stock.

Thanks.

The shops I frequent are

+ Brave New World in Cologne (They have told me "will arrive end of Febuary" when I phoned them on 9/Febuary/2011)
+ Fantasy Encounter in Essen

Can't say for the distributors, sorry.

Back