• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

More possible erratta concerning Chapter 12 computer programs

snrdg082102

SOC-14 1K
Evening all,

I am back once again with questions or suggestions about the THB Computer Design Sequence and missing parts and pieces. On p. 231 are descriptions of a server program and a master program. Both decription indicate that there must be some form of connection between the computer using the server and/or master program and the target computers. GURPS:Traveller G:T p. 162 has a program called "Datalink" that provides this capability. From G:T Used to share realtime data with other computers, sensors, missiles, etc. Cost: Cr400 PP capacity: 1.

Hey Tom, just thought I'd say you have an audience of at least one, keep plugging away. I gotta sign off and sleep now but I think I had a couple thoughts to add to yours in this area. I'll try to post this week.

Mornin far-trader,

Thanks for letting me know that someone other than AaronKohura reads the boards for this. Yes, please add your tidbits to the files here. AaronKohura has made a post about the Etiquette & Protocol program on the eratta board that he and I have been having off the board discussions on for the last few days. Of course this is not the only item we have discussed;).

Again thanks for the feedback

Catch you later,

Originally posted by far-trader:
Hey Tom, just thought I'd say you have an audience of at least one, keep plugging away. I gotta sign off and sleep now but I think I had a couple thoughts to add to yours in this area. I'll try to post this week.

Originally posted by Thomas Rux:
Evening all,

I am back once again with questions or suggestions about the THB Computer Design Sequence and missing parts and pieces. On p. 231 are descriptions of a server program and a master program. Both decription indicate that there must be some form of connection between the computer using the server and/or master program and the target computers. GURPS:Traveller G:T p. 162 has a program called "Datalink" that provides this capability. From G:T Used to share realtime data with other computers, sensors, missiles, etc. Cost: Cr400 PP capacity: 1.
Another goodie. Moved to Errata

Hunter

Back