• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

OTU UWP searchable database?

Is there an online database that is searchable on the basis of sector and ranges of individual planetary characteristics that are often included in adventures (particularly Amber Zones)?

E.g. adventure is set on a planet: Starport D-E, Siz 6-8, Atmo 5-8, Hydro 9-A, Pop 9-A, Gov any, Law 8+, TL any. What worlds fit those criteria in Trojan Reaches?

(Stats taken from: https://amber.zone/2021/04/22/amber-zone-spindrift/)

Is there a database where I could enter those ranges and get back a list of planets that fit those criteria in the Trojan Reaches?

Is there an online database that is searchable on the basis of sector and ranges of individual planetary characteristics that are often included in adventures (particularly Amber Zones)?

E.g. adventure is set on a planet: Starport D-E, Siz 6-8, Atmo 5-8, Hydro 9-A, Pop 9-A, Gov any, Law 8+, TL any. What worlds fit those criteria in Trojan Reaches?

(Stats taken from: https://amber.zone/2021/04/22/amber-zone-spindrift/)

Is there a database where I could enter those ranges and get back a list of planets that fit those criteria in the Trojan Reaches?

Try going to TravellerMap and see the "Tips and Tricks" section under the About Traveller Map menu.

So for lulz I downloaded all of the Traveller Map sector data, and imported it in to a Sqlite database.

For the time being, it can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vuc9xgedhjt10f7/tmap.db.gz?dl=0

It's GZipped, so you'll need to decompress it.

This is the schema:

Code:
CREATE TABLE STARSYSTEM (
    KEY NUMBER(10) NOT NULL,
    ALLEGIANCE VARCHAR, 
    ATMOSPHERE NUMBER(10), 
    BASES VARCHAR,
    CX VARCHAR,
    EX VARCHAR,
    GOVERMENT NUMBER(10),
    HEX VARCHAR,
    HYDROGRAPHICS NUMBER(10),
    IX VARCHAR,
    LAWLEVEL NUMBER(10),
    NAME VARCHAR,
    NOBILITY VARCHAR,
    PBG VARCHAR,
    POPULATION NUMBER(10),
    REMARKS VARCHAR,
    SIZE NUMBER(10),
    STARPORT VARCHAR,
    STELLAR VARCHAR,
    TECHLEVEL NUMBER(10),
    TRAVELZONE VARCHAR,
    UWP VARCHAR,
    WORLDS VARCHAR,
    SUBSECTOR_KEY NUMBER(10),
    PRIMARY KEY (KEY));

CREATE TABLE SECTOR (
    KEY NUMBER(10) NOT NULL,
    NAME VARCHAR,
    PRIMARY KEY (KEY));

CREATE TABLE SUBSECTOR (
    KEY NUMBER(10) NOT NULL,
    CODE VARCHAR,
    NAME VARCHAR,
    SECTOR_KEY NUMBER(10),
    PRIMARY KEY (KEY));

The assorted KEY values are arbitrary values used only for joining.

Any value from the UWP that doesn't fit as a hex value, has its corresponding field set to null.

So:

Code:
select sub.name, ss.hex, ss.name, ss.uwp 
from sector s, starsystem ss, subsector sub
where ss.subsector_key = sub.key
   and sub.sector_key = s.key
   and s.name = 'Trojan Reach'
   and ss.starport in ('D', 'E')
   and ss.atmosphere between 5 and 8
   and ss.size between 6 and 8
   and ss.hydrographics between 9 and 10
   and ss.population between 9 and 10
   and ss.lawlevel >= 8
   order by sub.name, ss.hex
 ;

Turns out there are zero systems that match this criteria.

This is a nice tool use run commands against the DB.

https://sqlitebrowser.org

Just download the file, gunzip it, then launch the tool and open it.

TMap has a service to return all of the sector names. And then one to return the data for the named sectors.

I can't speak to milieu, or anything like that. It was rather brutally shoved in.

There's 940 sectors, and over 156,000 systems.

If there's any glaring errors, I can correct them.

There is also an old program out there. I can't find it right now in my PC since I migrated everything into a new hard drive. It's called something... "What It's Like" and you enter a UWP. It spits out the possible planets in all of Charted Space and then it narrates what the morning/evening look like.

It's old. I'll dig around and see if I can find it.

But it definitely locates every planet based on UWP characteristics. Sort of a roundabout way but you get there...

Thanks all. The Travellermap search tips approach from whulorigan works for me, and is about as complex as I can handle. Grateful for the other suggestions though.

Back