• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Players! Solo PbP Game Opportunities: Read Me!

SpaceBadger

SOC-14 1K
Knight
I have lots of time on my hands.[1] Traveller is one of the main things that I do for distraction. Even as GM of my SBRD: Reavers' Deep campaign, and as player in several more campaigns, I find that I am often waiting for someone else to post something before I can do anything further.

Thanks to inspiration from flykiller, I have decided that I could run a few more Play-by-Post games, not for groups but as solo games for one player. (This offer is also open for SBRD players who would like a solo game on the side.)

I am pretty much open to whatever type of game you'd like to play in, with the exception of hard-core crime or anything that in a fantasy setting would earn the label of Evil. Want to be a solo Scout exploring unknown worlds? A law enforcement or megacorporate Agent solving mysteries or troubleshooting difficult situations? A Free Trader just trying to make ends meet? Something else?

I like to GM in a well-developed setting, so to save me the time-intensive setting development, the setting options will be:
1) SBRD setting (Reavers' Deep and Daibei sectors during the Long Night);

2) Spinward Marches or Solomani Rim in 1105 (before Fifth Frontier War);

3) Spinward Marches or Solomani Rim in 1115 (after Fifth Frontier War);

4) Unexplored frontier sector (slightly ATU, for Scout or Trade Pioneer adventures).​

Game system would be Classic Traveller (CT) or Mongoose Traveller (MgT), with some house rules and borrowings from T5 either way.

The advantage of solo play is that the game would be self-paced; when you have time and inclination to post you do it, and when I have time I'll respond (should usually be pretty quick turnaround). The disadvantage is the lack of group social contact; these would just be for one player and a universe full of NPCs.

It would be up to you to move your PC along and make things happen. You'd have reasonable support from NPCs depending on the type of adventure, but they'd be strictly supporting cast. As stated in my GM Maxim #1: If I wanted to tell the whole story myself, I could just write fiction. What I want to do in gaming is set out a detailed stage, and then see what kinds of stories the Players choose to tell on that stage.

If interested, reply here or send me a PM; we can take it to email or a new thread from there.

[1] I am disabled by Trigeminal Neuralgia and side-effects of associated medication. I have crazy hours because a lot of the time the pain keeps me from sleeping, so I am awake for 24, 36, 48 hours, then crash for 24, then repeat. It is incredibly boring to lie awake and stare at the ceiling when I can't sleep, and distraction helps with the pain, so I'd rather be gaming. :D

I am interested as well.

I am familiar with ct and little else. but you pick the setting and rules and game, I simply appreciate an interesting story line.

Ping!

Hardboiled detective, James Bondian, Free Trader Vic, Remo Williams, Special Ops, Patrol Ship Captain Kirk, etc.

I am playing in 2 PbP (T5 and Mongoose), and have been playing Trav since 1979.

Wow! Four possible solo adventures is probably pushing my limits, so I think I'd better put my offer on Hold for further sign-ups until we get all of these started and see how that goes.

Yay for more Traveller gaming! :D

Back