• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Silk Road Class 150 dton Small Trader

Ranger

SOC-12
Imperial Silk Road Class 150 dton Small Trader/Merchant 48.58 MCr.

Basic Concept: A small, Jump1 ship designed to make money by picking up small numbers of passengers and small cargo lots on safe, heavily trafficked routs.

150 tons - streamlined, self-sealing - Hull Code 2* - 7 MCr.
Hull / Structure Points: 3 / 3
Armor: None

Drives and Power Plant
Jump Drive: A - Jump-1 - 10 tons - 10 MCr.
Maneuver Drive: B - Thrust 3* - 3 tons - 8 MCr.
Power Plant: B - 7 tons - 16 MCr.
Fuel: 23 tons - 15 tons for one 1-parsec jump plus 8 tons for 2 weeks’ operations.
Fuel Processors: None.

Bridge: 10 tons - .75 MCr.
Main Computer: Model 1 – TL7 - Rating 5 - .03 MCr.
Software: Maneuver/0; Jump Control/1; Library - .1 MCr.
Backup Computer: none
Software: NA
Electronics: Standard - TL 8 - DM -4 - RADAR, LIDAR - Included - Included

Armament: One hardpoint - Empty

Crew: 1 officer/pilot, 1 medic, 1 steward, 1 engineer
Staterooms: 9+ (extra space for Captains Office) four crew, five passenger, two common areas - 40 tons - 5 MCr.
Low Berths: 4 - 2 tons - .2 Cr.
Luxuries: Extra common area space and food preparation area 10 tons - 1 MCr
Safety: Escape Pod/Rescue Balls Stowage - 5 tons - .5 MCr
Ship’s Vehicles: None
Cargo Space: 32 tons (in two separate 16 ton holds)

Notes: The niche for this type of ship is found in the gap between the scheduled traffic which major lines provide and passengers and cargo that need to move immediately. To reduce cost on the design, the ship relies on the generally high level of security and well marked and traveled routs a highly developed region of space provides. The one thing on this ship that does boost its cost significantly is the class B M-drive which also requires a class B Power Plant to support it. But, this is really the ships only defensive system, run as fast as possible and call for help.

* Note that there are a couple of interpellations in this design. First, to get the cost of the hull I split the difference between 100 and 200 dTon prices. Also, to get the Thrust Rating, I split the difference in performance for the B M-drive between the two hull sizes as well. Also, the actual size of the deck plan (posted in the file library) is roughly 157 dTons due to it being a circle. But since that was less than 5% off of 150, I just rounded down for the tonnage. Also, I assumed that the sizes of the drives included space for maintenance access, so the Engineering Compartment is 20 tons, which is the total volume of the three components, but there is still room to move around and access the drives.

Imperial Silk Road Class 150 dton Small Trader/Merchant 48.58 MCr.

Basic Concept: A small, Jump1 ship designed to make money by picking up small numbers of passengers and small cargo lots on safe, heavily trafficked routs.

Cool design. Good to see ships escaping the tyranny of hull size incrementation.

Back