• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Sonthert/Lanth (SM 1918) Travel Zone?

Grav_Moped

SOC-14 5K
Admin Award 2022
Knight
In the Wiki description, Sonthert/Lanth (SM 1918) states:
Sonthert is interdicted both to protect its human population from interference, and to protect the rest of the Imperium from the megalomaniac "Emperor of All Things" and his armored knights, who have declared their intent to conquer the universe, starting with anyone foolish enough to land on Sonthert.
In S3 (The Spinward Marches), it's listed as having a Red Zone.
In the Abyss Rift article, it states that the apocryphal focal point of anomalies in the Rift is adjacent to three Red-Zoned worlds, one of which is Sonthert/Lanth (the other two are Victoria/Lanth and Ylaven/Lanth).

The UWP in the Wiki description shows it as Amber, as does Travellermap.

I'm assuming the zone change was part of reconciling the UWP with T5SS standards.

The wiki description seems almost ripe for a comic interpretation. There's an Imperial Knight overseeing the world, but his/her main job is keeping visitors from getting abducted/hijacked by the forces of the King of All Cosmos "Emperor of All Things".

(Link is to the Katamari video game series fandom wiki.)

And it's only an Amber Zone because the Emperor of All Things is remarkably ineffectual in his attempts to conquer the entirety of Charted Space.
The world is only TL-7 with a population of about 3 million, yet can't keep the Imperial Knight from maintaining his/her estate on the world. Presumably this also includes the starport (though it may be Class D because it keeps having artillery and missiles lobbed at it).

Something seems really weird . . . the T5SS went over the Marches data pretty carefully, and the interdiction is a minor point in CT "Secrets of the Ancients." I doubt it was a mistake. It might have been intentionally revised as part of MgT's update of the adventure?

The wiki description seems almost ripe for a comic interpretation. There's an Imperial Knight overseeing the world, but his/her main job is keeping visitors from getting abducted/hijacked by the forces of the King of All Cosmos "Emperor of All Things".

(Link is to the Katamari video game series fandom wiki.)

I was reminded once again of the gulf between his dreams ... and his power. :whistle:
- War of the Worlds

Something seems really weird . . . the T5SS went over the Marches data pretty carefully, and the interdiction is a minor point in CT "Secrets of the Ancients." I doubt it was a mistake. It might have been intentionally revised as part of MgT's update of the adventure?
MgT's update doesn't have the player party doing anything in Lanth subsector, so it's not that.

Back