• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Speculations

kafka47

SOC-14 5K
Marquis
As we all know that GT and MT divert due to a single event...the assassination of Stephon.

Has anyone played a MT game that would see this an adventure option... I am kicking around the idea that what if GT players (loyal naval officers) from 1122 were transported on the Sargon. How would they react? Can we flush out Dulinor? Having the players cooperate with Dulinor showing the great wheel of Fate (from King Lear) grinds ever forward.

I would appreciate also more logical ways to integrate or at least bisect the different timelines...

As we all know that GT and MT divert due to a single event...the assassination of Stephon.

Has anyone played a MT game that would see this an adventure option... I am kicking around the idea that what if GT players (loyal naval officers) from 1122 were transported on the Sargon. How would they react? Can we flush out Dulinor? Having the players cooperate with Dulinor showing the great wheel of Fate (from King Lear) grinds ever forward.

I would appreciate also more logical ways to integrate or at least bisect the different timelines...

Having the assassination really be engineered by the Hivers would be very cool!

Considering how sudden and random the act is, outside influence must have been involved, right?

Considering how sudden and random the act is, outside influence must have been involved, right?

Ah, followers of the Dark Nests Conspiracy, I see... Next you will tell me that the dormant psionic ability allows the Hive to predict the future with greater success...

Here is a stetch of what I had considered...

I had considered involving the Hivers but more in the form of Red Herrings. The plot so far was a naval vessel en route to Research Station Omega gets embroilled with the internal politics of Project Chronos, led by a brilliant Solomani Scientist who wishes to prove that Humaniti did originate from Terra, as humans are the only beings who can have recursive travel. An explosion planted by the Hivers throws the Research Station back in time to the year 1105. The Solomani scientist escapes believing the year to be 1090 whereby, she could affect the outcomes of the Rim War.

In the persuit of the scientists the young Naval officers befriend the young son of an Arch-Duke...

The Scientist makes a convincing case for Liberal Democracy being the highest form of government and the Hegellian telos of history was interrupted when the Clash of Civilizations between the Terrans and Vilani met. Now the only hope lay within the sphere to assert a pure form of politics...

Ah, followers of the Dark Nests Conspiracy, I see... Next you will tell me that the dormant psionic ability allows the Hive to predict the future with greater success...

I had considered involving the Hivers but more in the form of Red Herrings. The plot so far was a naval vessel en route to Research Station Omega gets embroilled with the internal politics of Project Chronos, led by a brilliant Solomani Scientist who wishes to prove that Humaniti did originate from Terra, as humans are the only beings who can have recursive travel. An explosion planted by the Hivers throws the Research Station back in time to the year 1105. The Solomani scientist escapes believing the year to be 1090 whereby, she could affect the outcomes of the Rim War.

In the persuit of the scientists the young Naval officers befriend the young son of an Arch-Duke...

The Scientist makes a convincing case for Liberal Democracy being the highest form of government and the Hegellian telos of history was interrupted when the Clash of Civilizations between the Terrans and Vilani met. Now the only hope lay within the sphere to assert a pure form of politics...

dulinor and strephon start a negotiation regarding a fairer treatment for the domains (pre-rebellion obviously) only the messages don't get there. They are intercepted or delayed half-way between Dlan and Capital.(Hiver intervention)
Both parties think they are being ignored by the other side and begin paranoid, macchiavellian orchestrations.(Hiver anticipation)
Mysteries surrounding Hiver treatment of Humans in the federation and knowledge of Hiver/K'kree history prompt defensive measures by the Emperor, diverting fleets from the core...maybe? (Hiver manipulation)
After the rebellion, the Hivers help teach the children of the universe the error of their ways as they seem to be the only real power in TNE.
(Hiver satisfaction!)
Would you like a sausage?
(Hiver humour)

dulinor and strephon start a negotiation regarding a fairer treatment for the domains (pre-rebellion obviously) only the messages don't get there. They are intercepted or delayed half-way between Dlan and Capital.(Hiver intervention)
Both parties think they are being ignored by the other side and begin paranoid, macchiavellian orchestrations.(Hiver anticipation)
Mysteries surrounding Hiver treatment of Humans in the federation and knowledge of Hiver/K'kree history prompt defensive measures by the Emperor, diverting fleets from the core...maybe? (Hiver manipulation)
After the rebellion, the Hivers help teach the children of the universe the error of their ways as they seem to be the only real power in TNE.
(Hiver satisfaction!)
(Hiver humour)

(Hiver satisfaction!)
(Hiver humour)

Back