• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Stellar Reaches #6 Deadline: December 1st

Flynn

SOC-14 1K
Good Morning, All,

This is just a friendly reminder that the next deadline for submissions to Stellar Reaches #6 has been extended to December 1st. If you have any artwork, adventures, articles or columns you'd like to see in the next issue of this fanzine for Classic Traveller and Traveller T20, we would really appreciate your contributions. Hopefully, this gives you plenty of warning, in case you've had this idea floating in the back of your head and need a little time to capture it and transfer it to paper.

I may be somewhat out of contact over the month of November, as I am participating in this year's National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) competition, and will be heavily engaged in trying to write a 50,000 word novel (novella, really) in 30 days or less. My participation in this contest should fulfill my New Year's Resolution at the beginning of this year to write a novel in 2006. I'll be working on a "sword and planet" novel in the style of Edgar Rice Burroughs's John Carter of Mars series, Lin Carter's Green Star series and Ken Bulmer's Dray Prescot of Kregen series, tentatively entitled "Gladiator of Samardan". Please feel free to wish me luck, or even join in and try out for the competition yourself, if you wish. Those interested in more information should check out:
http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Once again, if you have any artwork, adventures, articles or columns you'd like to see in our next issue of Stellar Reaches, please feel free to submit them for review.

Your Participation And Support Are Appreciated,
Jason "Flynn" Kemp

All the best with the NaNoWriMoComp, Flynn!

As for SR06 would you be interested in a swing-wing shuttle write up (with deck plans and 3-views), by any chance? I was working on one in a certain up-coming publication we both know of, but Mr. Boulton pre-empted me with another design. If you check out the smallcraft section on the forum you'll see the style of deck plan.

Thanks, and yes, I'd be VERY interested in such work.

Looking forward to it,
Flynn

I have some art ready to go. A pc pic from a pbp that never got started. Be a shame to waste it.

I have a set of simplified combat rules for CT based off of Striker. They let a GM run NPC/Spear Carriers in combat without needing a full UPP for them. All you need is a two word description and you can run them in combat. I actually offered this up to MJD at one time, but there were some issues that needed fixing with it, and then life got in the way. But it is done now. I just need an intro and a couple of examples of play.

I'll submit a Type-J seeker complete with deckplans, HG stats and a description (al done by me), and possibly LBB2 stats as well (one paragraph; this falls into "fair use", doesn't it?).

I believe you have some of my art lying around... ;)
I hope it gets put to good use

Good Luck! and I hope to be reading it soon....

Thanks, All! Definitely interested in the suggestions, and I appreciate what has already been sent.

You Guys Are Great,
Flynn

The basic submission process is simple: Write up your submission (or create your image file), then email it to me. I'll review it, and if it seems appropriate for Stellar Reaches, then I'll put it in.

The addy is:
jason.flynn.kemp ~AT~ gmail.com

Hope that helps,
Flynn

Back