• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Stellar Reaches Issue #7 now available...

Flynn

SOC-14 1K
Greetings, Fellow Sophonts:

Another three months have flown by, and now I am proud to present to you Issue #7 of the Stellar Reaches fanzine. Riding in at 41 pages, this issue is packed with plenty of goodness for Traveller fans: a Traveller gaming article, an adventure set in the Empty Quarter, an unusual location and an Empty Quarter Echo article based on that locale, an alternate universe, a starship data article detailing a barge, a weapon's locker article on flamethrowers, and a rather meaty biography column, which introduces new ships and their captains for your use in adventures and ship encounters. That's eight different articles for your enjoyment.

You may download a copy of Stellar Reaches Issue #7 from the following location:
Issue #7, Spring 2007
Issue #7, Spring 2007 (zipped file)

We can also see that two new artists have come to the fore, presenting the Traveller community with some excellent new material: Travis Leichssenring and v gray.

Travis Leichssenring works hard for his money as a chemist by day and a freelance artist by night. He started playing Traveller a little over 25 years ago, and you can see how it has influenced his artwork. He prefers doing sci-fi art and hopes to do a few book covers and graphic novels in the future. His currently projects include a graphic novel, inspired by his previous successes in selling his artwork to the advertising department of the company he works for, as well as work for an online role-playing game site. For more of his work, check out his website at:
http://web.mac.com/kharum

v gray is a long time sci-fi and traveller fan, currently exiled in frozen northern Colorado, dreaming of balmy breezes, tropical beach resorts, and flocks of nubile bioroid handmaidens. His hobbies include: contemplating the perfect TL25 battlefleet, photography, improving his computer art skills from stick-figure to finger-paint level (or beyond, as we can see in this issue), wasting way too much time researching "stuff" on the internet, and upgrading his graphics software. He maintains a gallery of his work at:
http://gallery.bruno-me.org/v/3d-art/

As always, my friends, I wish to thank you all for your continued support of the Stellar Reaches fanzine. Without your continued contributions, we simply couldn't do it, so once again I say "thank you, thank you, thank you" to each of the contributors for your efforts! With that in mind, please stop reading this intro and dive on into the good stuff. There's a lot to enjoy with the latest issue!

Prepare To Jump,
Jason "Flynn" Kemp
Editor, Stellar Reaches fanzine

Now I just need time to read it ... hey, I could print it and read it on the ferry! :D

Very Nice!
... as usual... ;)

It's been 26 months since I released #1. Wow! I'm kinda impressed myself. Didn't know I could keep it going this long, and things still look good for the future.

And yes, I'm hoping the novel will be ready for purchase soon. :D

With Regards,
Flynn

Thanks for letting me publish my images in your fanzine. I'm sure I will have a lot more images for your following issues. Who is Thomas Leichssenring?

Very, very nice after the playtest is complete, I would consider putting in some my campaign notes for a little campaign that I trying to run with the Solomani & Aslan circa 1010.

Originally posted by Kharum1:
Thanks for letting me publish my images in your fanzine. I'm sure I will have a lot more images for your following issues. Who is Thomas Leichssenring?
A typo. I fixed it in the initial post. Thanks, once again, Travis, for your wonderful contributions, and I'm definitely looking forward to future issues.

My apologies,
Flynn

Magnificent! Thank you Jason and all the contributers - a truly super issue and the illos (especially the last one ) are jaw droppingly beautiful.

Ravs

Originally posted by Plankowner:
I really liked the article on an ATU. I would love to see more of these.
(I know all you need is submissions...)
Plankowner,

That's actually the second one I've run. Omer Golan contributed one on his own ATU for one of the early issues (#2 or #3, I think).

I love ATUs, and a well-written piece on an ATU definitely has a place in the fanzine.

With Regards,
Flynn

Back