• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

T5 0.9 Errata Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of the problem is that prior editions were in fact discrete lots of 3 size ranges:

Incidental: 1d6 Td
Minor: 1d6 × 5 Td
Major: 1d6 × 10 Td

Freight in T5.09 is one roll per day for freight, one for mail. Cargo is a flat 100Td - but should it be?

In order to answer that question, I'd have to go back to Merchant Prince or, perhaps, T4... tracing back through the rules to see if this came from left field or not.

When it comes to trade, I prefer rolling directly for things, and letting those things modify the price based on what they are and what world they're from. Surely there is an essential set of trade goods that work well in any setting (and it seems that Book 3 was a good attempt). Now THERE's a thread.

In order to answer that question, I'd have to go back to Merchant Prince or, perhaps, T4... tracing back through the rules to see if this came from left field or not.

When it comes to trade, I prefer rolling directly for things, and letting those things modify the price based on what they are and what world they're from. Surely there is an essential set of trade goods that work well in any setting (and it seems that Book 3 was a good attempt). Now THERE's a thread.

Note that the cargo system in T5 is not based upon Bk3, but Bk5.

Star Spectral Type and Size

There are 2 differing tables defining this:

Table 2a Homestar on page 408 which is a change from the BBB and appears correct.

Table 2 Spectral Type and Size on page 412 which is the same as the BBB and appears incorrect.

Only the first chart should probably be used, but because the rules on how to use this chart are split between the 2 pages there needs to be some serious editing.

Star Size

Travellermap displays stars of any type of size D as "D", omitting the other factors. Therefore:

Page 406 Stellar Data>Companion. Change "Spectral decimal is ignored for Size= D." to "Spectral type and decimal is ignored for Size = D."

Page 407 The Second Survey Format. Change "F7 V DM M3 V" to "F7 V D M3 V".

Page 408 Table 2A Homestar. Change "If Size= D, ignore Spectral Decimal." to "If Size= D, ignore Spectral Type and Decimal."

Pg. 411 Economic Extension

Travellermap and Marc have decreed that Dieback worlds have usable Infrastructure. And "Lo" appears contradictorily twice in the table. Therefore change "If Ba, Di, Lo, then 0" to "If Ba, then 0".

Travellermap and Marc have decreed that Dieback worlds have usable Infrastructure. And "Lo" appears contradictorily twice in the table. Therefore change "If Ba, Di, Lo, then 0" to "If Ba, then 0".

Does this assume that all dieback worlds died all the way back to zero?

I thought the term meant a world that had lost significant population, maybe all population, but not always all population. I don't recall where I picked that up from though.

Does this assume that all dieback worlds died all the way back to zero?

I thought the term meant a world that had lost significant population, maybe all population, but not always all population. I don't recall where I picked that up from though.

Dieback specifically means that there are only ruins left. The difference between Barren and Dieback is that Barren has never had a population, whereas Dieback means that it once did, but doesn't anymore.

That of course doesn't preclude a world being erroneously classified as Dieback when a few pockets of survivors in remote or underground areas managed to survive and escape the notice of the IISS surveyors.

Dieback specifically means that there are only ruins left. The difference between Barren and Dieback is that Barren has never had a population, whereas Dieback means that it once did, but doesn't anymore.

Technically as far as the rules go, both have Population 0. Barren worlds have TL0 and Dieback worlds have TL> 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back