• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

TD #13 A MegaTraveller Starship Design Example

snrdg082102

SOC-14 1K
Evening all,

I am reading through Joe D. Fugate Sr.'s article "A MegaTraveller Starship Design Example" in TD #13 and have found the text to be very helpful. I am following the article and using a MT: Referee's Manual (MT:RM) 2nd edition to get my data from. Unfortunately, in the 3 sections, Hull, Locomation, and Communications, that I've read through, I've found some differences between the data in MT:RM, the authors data, and my calculations. Here are the items I've come across:

1. The Regal's volume as listed in the Hull table on p. 62 is 1,010,000 kl, which is the figure that the author used. Since I'm also creating a spreadsheet I got lazy and created a formula to check the numbers. 75,000 x 13.5 = 1,012,500, while the rest of the Volume figures matched.

2. The number of Jump drive units in the text is 2,750 while the table on p. 64 shows 3,750. The 1,000 unit difference throws off the calculations.

3. In the Communications section the numbers listed for Power, Volume, and Weight appear to be for TL 15 communicator models, while the price is for TL 14.

Did any of the following TD issues have errata about the 3 items I've described above.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided?

Evening all,

I am reading through Joe D. Fugate Sr.'s article "A MegaTraveller Starship Design Example" in TD #13 and have found the text to be very helpful. I am following the article and using a MT: Referee's Manual (MT:RM) 2nd edition to get my data from. Unfortunately, in the 3 sections, Hull, Locomation, and Communications, that I've read through, I've found some differences between the data in MT:RM, the authors data, and my calculations. Here are the items I've come across:

1. The Regal's volume as listed in the Hull table on p. 62 is 1,010,000 kl, which is the figure that the author used. Since I'm also creating a spreadsheet I got lazy and created a formula to check the numbers. 75,000 x 13.5 = 1,012,500, while the rest of the Volume figures matched.

2. The number of Jump drive units in the text is 2,750 while the table on p. 64 shows 3,750. The 1,000 unit difference throws off the calculations.

3. In the Communications section the numbers listed for Power, Volume, and Weight appear to be for TL 15 communicator models, while the price is for TL 14.

Did any of the following TD issues have errata about the 3 items I've described above.

Evening all,

Afriad not, or at least if there was eterra, it must have been a small inch high column at the back somewhere.

Cheers
Richard

Afriad not, or at least if there was eterra, it must have been a small inch high column at the back somewhere.

Cheers
Richard

Cheers
Richard

Hello RichardP,

Thank-you for your response and help. I was hoping that the errata had been written, but I really doubted that such existed. I think that most of the differences I'm finding are taking data from one column to the left of the TL 14 column.

Thanks again for the response.

Originally posted by RichardP:

Cheers
Richard

Hello RichardP,

Thank-you for your response and help. I was hoping that the errata had been written, but I really doubted that such existed. I think that most of the differences I'm finding are taking data from one column to the left of the TL 14 column.

Cheers
Richard

Hello RichardP,

Cheers
Richard

Back