• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

The Official C.S.S.P Plan thread (updated Sept 4th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Malenfant

This is a locked thread on which can be found the latest incarnation of the plan of attack for the CSSP. If you want to discuss things, please do so on the old CSSP thread (now unstickied and marked as a discussion thread).

I will update the plan here as and when it changes through discussion on the other trhead.

(posted by Gruffty)

In the original CSSP thread, I have suggested a number of plans to get the project off the ground.

I've always left the plans as suggestions to open them out to others for contributions, which has happenend frequently.

The current plan stands as:

Updated 04 Sept 2004

1) The sector's name and subsectors names will all remain as they are, as they have previously been published in other places;
1a) The era is confirmed as the 990s.

2) Using the 1065 AotI map, the Solomani border will be adjusted back by no more than 3 parsecs to take it back to how it *might* have been in the 990s;
2a) Anyone interested in having a go at this is welcome to contribute their design/concept of the adjusted map;

3) The Hiver Federation border remains as it was;
3a) The Hiver Federation border has been confirmed as a relatively static border, via an excellent group effort;
3b) However, a slight variation in the border at one point has been noted across the different eras and this will need resolving.

4) All system locations are to be kept as they are in the AotI;
4a) Systems should not be moved or deleted from the hexes they occupied in the AotI when transferred to the new 990s map;
4b) Susector capital systems should not be renamed;
4c) The majority of other systems will have new names, except those of significance or importance (i.e. like Prt'aow, or where a system has been referred to in canon documents, i.e. Book 8);

5) Barring a few exceptions (i.e. like Prt'aow, or where a system has been referred to in canon documents, i.e. Book 8), all UWPs will be newly generated, then adjusted:
5a)To make sense;
5b)To take into account stellar data/effects;
5c)To take into account the history of the sector.

6) Stellar data will be generated for each system using Malenfant's much more realistic stellar generation system;
6a) Stellar data will be formatted as per Malenfant's system.

7) Allegiances will be assigned according to borders once the borders issue has been resolved.
7a) Generally, those on the inside of the Solomani border will be Solomani Confederation;
7b) Generally, those on the inside of the Hiver's border will be Hiver Federation;
7c) Those in the "gap"/buffer zone/neutral zone/soft zone will be assigned some form of allegiance further down the sector development pathway.

8) The historical aspects of the sector are being discussed as the development pathway progresses and will influence UWPs, allegiances, trade routes, etc;

9) The races in the sector are being discussed and a list compiled for reference for later use;

10) Polls will be used to resolve disagreements on aspects of the sector that cannot be resolved in any other fashion - polls can be requested/accessed via Malenfant, CSSP moderator.

11) Individuals can register their interest in re-generating a subsector or subsectors, using a standardised format;
11a) Individuals can collaborate on re-generating subsector(s).

12) Nothing about the Spica Sector Project is set in stone.

There was a suggestion, early on, that we make this a "book" project. Whilst the idea of making the project a book hasn't been kicked into touch, it is not at the top of the "to do list" at present.

Running parallel with the re-generation of the subsectors and UWPs will be the historical development side which will influence the overall feel of the project.

The project's participants have shown themselves to be co-operative, considerate and supportive of each other, whilst not ignoring problems. It is hoped that the project continues to function in such a mannner to its conclusion.

(originally posted by Gruffty)

Now that we are moving closer to resolving the borders issue, we will soon need to start work on re-generating the UWPs and stellar data for each system.

It is not practical for one person to work on the whole sector so we need a system to spread the workload.

Updated 03 Sept 2004

Suggested Sub-plan no. 1: Subsector Re-Generation after Borders Confirmation:

a) Register CotI profile name in this thread;
b) Register which subsector(s) you wish to re-generate.
c) Use (c) next to subsector letters (example: A(c)) to indicate that you are collaborating with someone on re-generating the subsector.

The individual would then be responsible for generating the UWPs and stellar data (from Malenfant's system) for their chosen systems.

You may use any method to generate the UWPs for your chosen systems.

The following data will be eventually needed for each system:

a) Hex location;
b) System name;
c) UWP;
d) Trade codes;
e) Travel zone;
f) Pop multiplier/planetoid belts/gas giants
g) Stellar data;
h) Allegiance code (provisional initially, until borders are 100% confirmed).

System Hex Locations

All systems are to remain in the published locations (i.e. as in the AotI map of 1065).

No system should be deleted from an occupied hex.

System Names

Subsector capital systems should not be renamed.

A few other systems (i.e. those mentioned/referenced in canon books) should not be renamed.

All other systems may be renamed by the person re-generating the systems.

UWP

UWPs should make sense, i.e. no Atm 0 with Hydro A results, no Pop 0 with Gov 9, LL F results.

Try to avoid x100xxx-x worlds.

UWPs are affected by stellar data - seek opinions from others when in doubt, and modify UWP and/or stellar data so it all makes sense and is realistic.

Bases

Indicated bases as normal (bear in mind provisional allegiance code).

Trade Codes

Indicate all trade codes. Trade codes should come from a recognised source: CT, MT, TNE, T4, GT, T20.

Travel Zone

Indicate if the system has a travel zone classification (Amber or Red).

PPG

Indicate population multiplier, planetoid belts and gas giants in the system. Cross check pop multiplier with Pop digit to ensure no Pop 0, multiplier 9 results.

Stellar Data

Stellar data must come from Malenfant's revised stellar generation system, as this is a much more realistic system.

Stellar data must be recorded as laid out in Malenfant's system.

Stellar data affects UWPs, seek opinions from others when in doubt, and modify stellar data and/or UWP so it all makes sense and is realistic.

Allegiance Codes

Will be be decided once the borders issue has been resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back