• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

TNE FF&S Hull Armor Value versus T4 QSDS Standard Hull Configuration Armor

snrdg082102

SOC-14 1K
Morning all,

Since T4 QSDS and T4 SSDS appear to have used TNE FF&S I'm digging through TNE FF&S to verify the numbers in the various tables.

On the QSDS Standard Hull Configurations table the Armor column values, with the exception of the 800 displacement ton unstreamlined sphere, do not match the design sequence in TNE FF&S Mk. I Mod. 0 or Brilliant Lances Technical Booklet. Of course I may be wrong in my interpretation of the rules.

From TNE FF&S Mk. I Mod. 0 p. 10

"Hull plating may be thinner or thicker than 1 cm, but all hulls must have an armor value of at least 1. Interplanetary and interstellar vessels must have a minimum hull armor value of 10 per G rating of maneuver drive (to protect against micro-meteors). To determine the armor value of the hull plating decide on a thickness (in centimeters) and multiply by the thickness by the toughness of the material used to construct the hull (round to the nearest whole number)."

On the T4 QSDS Standard Hull Configuration table the 100 displacement ton Wedge S has a MaxG of 2 and the Armor is listed as 10. If I'm understanding TNE FF&S the hull should have a minimum armor value of 10 x 2 = 20.

Did I correctly translate the TNE FF&S Armor value rule correctly?

Morning all,

Since T4 QSDS and T4 SSDS appear to have used TNE FF&S I'm digging through TNE FF&S to verify the numbers in the various tables.

On the QSDS Standard Hull Configurations table the Armor column values, with the exception of the 800 displacement ton unstreamlined sphere, do not match the design sequence in TNE FF&S Mk. I Mod. 0 or Brilliant Lances Technical Booklet. Of course I may be wrong in my interpretation of the rules.

From TNE FF&S Mk. I Mod. 0 p. 10

"Hull plating may be thinner or thicker than 1 cm, but all hulls must have an armor value of at least 1. Interplanetary and interstellar vessels must have a minimum hull armor value of 10 per G rating of maneuver drive (to protect against micro-meteors). To determine the armor value of the hull plating decide on a thickness (in centimeters) and multiply by the thickness by the toughness of the material used to construct the hull (round to the nearest whole number)."

On the T4 QSDS Standard Hull Configuration table the 100 displacement ton Wedge S has a MaxG of 2 and the Armor is listed as 10. If I'm understanding TNE FF&S the hull should have a minimum armor value of 10 x 2 = 20.

Did I correctly translate the TNE FF&S Armor value rule correctly?
looks like you did. A2G wedge needs to incease armor...

Hello aramis,

looks like you did. A2G wedge needs to incease armor...

Good to know I have a handle on the TNE rules concerning the armor value and leads to another question.

Do open frame hulls follow the same rules as the other configurations?

IIRC open frame hulls can not have any more armor than needed to fend off the pesky micro-meteors.

If open frame hulls do need to meet the same armor value process, then the only hull configuration that does not need correction is the 800 displacement ton unstreamlined sphere.

Thank you for checking my process.

Back