• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

TNE Only: TNE FF&S page 88 Ballistic Computers

snrdg082102

SOC-14 1K
Morning all,

Under the Ballistic Computer Table is the following Note: Ballistic computers may be purchased from one tech level higher than level of manufacture of the weapon by multiplying price, weight, and volume by 10.

The Ballistic Computers Table has five column labels which are TL, Type, Mass, MCr, and Diff Mod. Under the table are the explanations for TL, Mass, MCr, and Diff Mod.

I have checked in the Consolidated TNE Errata to see if there was a note concerning how to calculate a ballistic computer's volume. I did not find any information.

I have also checked in TNE Brilliant Lances Technical Booklet and again found no information.

How is a ballistic computer's volume determined and does the volume vary with Tech Level?

You're correct that it doesn't re-appear below the ballistic computers table, but I've always considered the line beneath the Sights & Rangefinders table ("Volume in cubic metres is equal to mass in tonnes") to apply to both.

Don should add it to the TNE errata document though.

Morning (PDT) jec10,

You're correct that it doesn't re-appear below the ballistic computers table, but I've always considered the line beneath the Sights & Rangefinders table ("Volume in cubic metres is equal to mass in tonnes") to apply to both.

Don should add it to the TNE errata document though.

Thank you for the reply and confirming my guess that ballistic computer's volumes equal their mass as per the explanations under the Sights and Rangefinders table.

Would the Sights and Rangefinders Table Volume explanation also apply to the Indirect Fire Sights Table too?

I thought about posting the Ballistic Computer Volume question on the TNE Errata forum but decided to ask here first. Again thank you for the reply.

Back