• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

TNE FF&S2 Design Worksheet by Andrew R. Akins

snrdg082102

SOC-14 1K
Hello all,

First my apologies if I'm asking something that should go somewhere else, I've looked for a couple of hours and I've not had any luck.

Can anyone please help me to connect with Andrew R. Akins.

I've got a copy of his TNE FF&S2 Design Worksheet version 3.3 (I think) which unfortunately isn't playing well with my Excel 2010. I'd liked to see if he might know how I can get the spreadsheet to work. The spreadsheet appears to function in Excel 97 on another computer, the problem is that I'd have to hog the system from a family member who wouldn't be to happy with me.;)

Hi Tom,
I can't help you reach that fellow, but I've done a lot of excell work doing FF&S2 (T4 for FF&S2, TNE is FF&S 1) perhaps I could help you convert his spreadsheet to the new Excell version.

Hello warwizard,

Hi Tom,
I can't help you reach that fellow, but I've done a lot of excell work doing FF&S2 (T4 for FF&S2, TNE is FF&S 1) perhaps I could help you convert his spreadsheet to the new Excell version.

Yep, T4 is FF&S 2 and until you mentioned this little tidbit I hadn't noticed that the spreadsheet was for T4 and not TNE.

Thanks for the offer to help me get the spreadsheet working. My Excel 2010, I've left the defaults for the most part, put the spreadsheet in Protected mode (red background) and after I saved has disabled the macros. My eyelids are getting heavy so I'll work on this again in the morning PST.

Please send me an email at
tmr0195@comcast.net
and I'll send you a copy of the spreadsheet I have.

Thanks again for the help.

it may be you just need to go into the "trust center" and enable Macros in excel2010.

does anyone have a link to a good spreadsheet for ship design with FF&S1 ?

I've got Ragnar Granit's two excellent TNE FF&S1 Spreadsheets:
Starship Builder
Relic Builder

I've also got Yves Simons TNE spreadsheet

Send me an Email address and I'll send you copies.

Back