• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Traveller at GenCon Indy 2005?

Flynn

SOC-14 1K
Good afternoon, Guys,

Just wanting to check and see if anyone besides myself is going to be running a Traveller game (of any rules system) at GenCon Indy this year?

I've got three T20 games set up, and from what I've seen of the RPGs so far, that's it. No GT, no CT, no MT, no chances for the little Ref to actually play a bit himself... :(

In case you're interested, you've got another week to submit your gaming events (until May 16th). Also, if you run 16 hours at the Con, you get your ticket reimbursed after the Con. If you run 32 hours at the Con, you also get your quarter of the Hotel room reimbursed.

Hunter, will you have any fliers or handouts you want me to give the players of my games to help advertise QLI and T20 (besides us just playing it)?

Hoping to see more Traveller action available before the week is out.

Enjoy,
Flynn

BTW, the website can be found at:
www.gencon.com

I had hoped to make it to GenCon this year and maybe hook up with the Bray Keavon crew for a little F2F gaming, but unfortunately it looks like it's going to be another fairly tight year money- and time-wise. <sigh> oh well...I'll get back there again one of these years...

I wish the best of times to whomever does end up going, I've had great times on the occasions I was able to make it.

It's a pity that you won't be there R_Kane and that there aren't more Traveller games on the schedule. :(

I think that I'll only try to make one of Flynn's games: Making the 7 PM to 1 AM games was a bit much for me last year, even though the games ended closer to midnight. Geez, I'm getting old...

Ron

GenCon is pretty much the only time I game past 10pm... mostly because the excitement of GenCon is about the only thing that keeps me awake and alert for that weekend. I spend the other 51 weeks storing up sleep for the next one. ;)

-Flynn

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend GenCon this year. :(

But Flynn's late-night sessions were great. I came out of them in such good spirits my wife accused me of being drunk, or high. "What are they giving you in there?" she asked, suspicously.

Fortunately, I'm a late-night person anyway so staying awake for the late events was no problem for me. I had trouble getting up for the early stuff (anything before noon).

Well, I played in Flynn's 2003 games and they were amazing. Financial trouble kept me from GenCon last year, but this year I'll be there.

I've already went over the game catalog and have made sure to try to put myself in all 3 of Flynn's games.

Well Mr. Flynn I just signed up for two of your GenCon games. I'm new to the Traveller universe and I hope to get some good pointers on what goes on there.

Now if I can just convince my fellow gamers to give it a try.

I haven't signed up for any games but wanted to let people know that Flynn runs a good game. I had the fortunate experience to be sitting at a table next to ones that he was running and it was a joy to listen to and see how enthusiastic people got about traveller. Keep up the good work.

My Fellow Sophonts,

I definitely look forward to seeing some new faces and some familiar ones at this year's T20 sessions.

(Don't worry, Jarwes; we'll do our best to acquaint you with the Traveller universe.)

Looking forward to it,
Flynn

Originally posted by Flynn:
My Fellow Sophonts,

I definitely look forward to seeing some new faces and some familiar ones at this year's T20 sessions.
Well, after much fighting with the GenCon servers, I am now signed up for all three of your games and look forward to seeing you again in a few months.

I'll try to get my wife to time bringing me tea as excellently as she did year before last.

Yeah, getting to the GenCon registration servers was a pain, even after they added more power. Glad I made it though.

Good morning, All,

For those who are curious, or who might have missed the posting of the adventure blurbs, I figure I'd post them here on an active thread so that those interested could be better informed.

See ya at GenCon,
Flynn

T20 Adventures: Armed For A Day
"Trading high tech goods on a low tech world sounded like a great idea at first, until the local gangs got their hands on what should have been an innocent cargo. Scenario uses the Traveller T20 rules system; characters provided by the Referee."
A four-hour T20 scenario starting Friday, August 19th, 2005, at 2pm.

T20 Adventures: Lost On Lagu
"It seemed like an easy opportunity: pick up a millionaire's old friend on Lagu, a small little world on the trader's current route. Only one small problem, really: until recently, Lagu was a prison planet. Scenario uses the Traveller T20 rules system; characters provided by the Referee."
A six-hour T20 scenario starting Friday, August 19th, 2005, at 7pm.

T20 Adventures: Celebratus Interruptus
"The ship's crew takes shore leave during the week-long Festival of Masques, only to discover someone's placed a bounty on their heads. Scenario uses the Traveller T20 rules system; characters provided by the Referee."
A six-hour T20 scenario starting Saturday, August 20th, 2005, at 7pm.

Back