• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Trying T20 (again)

Sir Brad

SOC-13
I've bean GM'ing a bit lately, but going back to player (at least for one game a fortnight), we are trying T20 again, we are working out of the three core books ATM as we wait on multiple copies of the T20 CD (I'm a compleatist and the GM is as big a D20 fan as he is a Trav Fan).

anyhow characters are under construction as we pass around book 1,

I've got a near complete Lv4 1Term Belter

a 6th level 4th level Rogue 2nd level Traveller, 1 term Rogue 1 term Travller

an other player has 6th level character, three levels in Noble (University 1 Term) and an other three in Marine (OTC & 1 term Marine Officer)

the last player has like four completed characters his most likely is a three term Navy Master Chief like 10th level I think, mostly Engineering but has some Arms-man & Forward Observer skills and Ships Boat, other likely options are a Varg Coarsiar (Merc with levels in Traveller & Rogue) also around 10th, and a four term Barbarian/Hunter also likely around 10th level.

My Belter has a Type J, the Varg also has a ship (probably a type P).

My working copy of my character is in the Book ATM and the GM has a less finished copy if it goes missing in the shuffle, I'll post when the character is finished.

Got my Character back and finished her, the GM has asked me not to post some elements since other players use visit these forums so the numbers may not match up. Haven't gone shopping yet. the GM is trying to make a CT style Type J in T20 and also a T20 version of my Type J2 since he doesn't think the Type J in the T20 books is "Right" especially for his Campaign, I may be dropping back my T/Engineering and Gunnery to free up skill points for other Class Skills, the GM has told me that the points I've put in to Mining, Geology and Prospecting are basically wasted given his campain, but WTF they are in Character, also I've bean told there is no point sticking with Belter after 6th level if I go that far with the class.

Rei Holden
AJCJEGFE?
1 Term (Lv4) Belter
Age 18, Born 316-974
Female, Human (Solomani)
165cm, 50kg Black Hair, Brown Eyes, Fair East Asian Completion
Homeworld: Loric(-6) A000944-C M,S Na,In,Va,As 344Cs

T/Astrogation 9 (7/0/2), T/Communications 7 (5/0/2), T/Computer 7 (5/0/2), T/Electronics 7 (5/0/2), T/Engineering 9 (7/0/2), T/Gravitics 4 (2/0/2), T/Mechanics 5 (3/0/2), T/Sensors 9 (7/0/2), K/Mining 9 (7/0/2), K/Geology 9 (7/0/2), P/Prospecting 11 (7/0/4), Pilot 11 (7/0/4), Gunnery 10 (7/0/3)

Vessel/Grav, Vessel/Starship, Zero/Low G Adaptation, Improved Zero/Low G Adaptation, Zero G Combat, Armor Proficiency (Light), Armor Proficiency (Vacc-Suit),
Weapon Proficiency (Marksman), Weapon Proficiency (Ships Weapons), Self Reliance

Type J Seeker
100200Cr

Last edited:
Ok CD's came today, any suggestions on what direction I should go, from looking at Book 0 I'm thinking of taking a few levels in Marital Artist (since it has many of the skills the GM thinks I should pick up) and it will help out with combat scores, but shift back to Belter for Ship & Tech skills, but I'd like to pick up Laser weapons and some way to get Accelerator Rifles.

Rei Holden Personal History

Born on Loric(-6) A000944-C M,S Na,In,Va,As 344Cs, given Loric-6 is a Jupiter Analog in fact one of the Gray Vivarium type Cylinders to parents who had left the belter life before her birth she grew up with many close relatives and family friends who where still active Belters, she had completed her Secondary Studies and diploma level Tertiary Studies before gaining work with a family co-operative and continuing her Degrees (Asto-Geology & Astro-Mine Engineering) via external studies.

Just before her seventeenth birthday a "Belt War" broke out between local Corporations and Independent Operators on one side and the Imperial Mega Corporation Naasirka on the other. the Loric government though supporting local interests was forced to remain neutral due to diplomatic and economic pressure applies by Naasirka and it's backers in the Imperium up until Naasirka started to openly employ "Bad War" tactics. Rei had mostly served as Bridge Crew or Gunner for most of the nine months of the war, but did also deploy in Vacuum Opps and Planetary Opps Infantry on both Loric-3 (an Earth analog) and Loric-4 (a near Mars analog).

After the War Rei returned to her studies and work as a prospector, for her 18th birthday her uncle gifted her a TL 12 Type J.

Party update, I misjudged the Noble/Marine they have two levels as a Noble and has four as a Marine. the Player of many characters did go with his 10th level Navy NCO.

we have two other players they have a 3rd level (lv2 army lv1 Merc) failed to enroll in the Academy then University lacked the Dex for the Marines so went Army, failed the survival roll and got a DD for his trouble, skipped over to Merc work where he failed the Survival roll and earned an other DD. he's a Support Weapons guy with a bit of Demo and Cbt Eng experience and Armour/Gunsmith training.
the other is a 5th level (4th Lv Academic 1st Lv Convict) after being an Honors Grad from Uni missed out on the Masters program so became a "Working Academic" for a few years, got busted in a "Red Zone" and did some time, trained in History, Archeology and Xeno-Technolodgy, but the Navy guy and my Belter have better Tech skills.

Back