• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Vehicle Design Dirt

Now I'm not asking anybody to break any NDAs or anything but what's up with the vehicles part of T20. If I'm remembering correctly Hunter suggested that it might be a kind of High Guard style system. Can anybody confirm or deny this recolection?

Does it look cool? Will it work with CT?

I gotta know.

------------------
I am increasingly of the opinion that RPGs are by the nature of their creation subjective phenomenon. due to the interaction between game designers, game masters, and game players all definitions, rules, settings, and adventures are mutable in acordance with the uncertainty principle as expounded by Heisenburg. This is of course merely my point of view.

David Shayne

[This message has been edited by DaveShayne (edited 25 August 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DaveShayne:
...Hunter suggested that it might be a kind of High Guard style system. Can anybody confirm or deny this recolection?

Does it look cool? Will it work with CT?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Design system certainly could work with CT, though you would need to come up with the weapon matches and armor equivalencies, since these are decidedly T20.

If you are a current JTAS subscriber, I'd also recommend searching their archives for the "reprint" of a CT vehicle design system printed in Space Gamer. VERY simple, and it produced useable results...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GypsyComet:
The Design system certainly could work with CT, though you would need to come up with the weapon matches and armor equivalencies, since these are decidedly T20.

If you are a current JTAS subscriber, I'd also recommend searching their archives for the "reprint" of a CT vehicle design system printed in Space Gamer. VERY simple, and it produced useable results...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks I'll look for it.

------------------
I am increasingly of the opinion that RPGs are by the nature of their creation subjective phenomenon. due to the interaction between game designers, game masters, and game players all definitions, rules, settings, and adventures are mutable in acordance with the uncertainty principle as expounded by Heisenburg. This is of course merely my point of view.

David Shayne

The system is very much like a scaled-down High Guard. You can use the vehicles easily in CT, and the weapons are mostly based on Mercenary, but d20-ized, you might have to juggle a bit to get the vehicles into the combat system, but it's doable.

------------------
Dave "Dr. Skull" Nelson

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DrSkull:
The system is very much like a scaled-down High Guard. You can use the vehicles easily in CT, and the weapons are mostly based on Mercenary, but d20-ized, you might have to juggle a bit to get the vehicles into the combat system, but it's doable.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool.

I like vehicles.

------------------

David Shayne

Back