• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Von Ryan's War

I just picked up Von Ryan's War, a supplement published by Paranoia Press in 1994. Based on the publication dates it looks like it must have been for T4, but there are no character UPPs, only things listed for characters are Assets which resemble skills, with values like: Admin/Legal 23, Energy Weapon (Rifle) 14.

What version of Traveller written for?

I'm also wondering if my copy is missing stuff because there's a subsector map, but no world stats included and no inserts other than the booklet.

For the numbers you say, and the fact they talk about assets, not skills, I'd bet about TNE, but I cannot be sure.

Never played TNE

Von Ryan's War is a CT sized folio and no mention of Virus at all so never considered it could be for TNE.

It looks like Von Ryan's War pre-dates T4 as T4 didn't come out until 1996, while Von Ryan's War was published in 1994.

Don't overpay

Don't pay too much for it.

It's barely 12 pages of content..... Not sure if I'm missing an insert as the subsector map has no planetary UWPs.

The first page of the text starts at page 5... which is a convention I've not seen much of. Most books start with the 1st page of text as page 1.

Last edited:
I just picked up Von Ryan's War, a supplement published by Paranoia Press in 1994. Based on the publication dates it looks like it must have been for T4, but there are no character UPPs, only things listed for characters are Assets which resemble skills, with values like: Admin/Legal 23, Energy Weapon (Rifle) 14.

What version of Traveller written for?

I'm also wondering if my copy is missing stuff because there's a subsector map, but no world stats included and no inserts other than the booklet.

T4 was not released until after I got married, which was later than 94...
It had to be TTNE, since all CT and MT licenses had been shut down by then, too.

The website provides almost everything that's included in Von Ryan's War, which is only a collector's item.

If you got it from a certain seller on eBay from Apache Junction AZ (He who shall not be named) you got an unauthorized reprint, not an original.

If you got it from a certain seller on eBay from Apache Junction AZ (He who shall not be named) you got an unauthorized reprint, not an original.

Yes, that's where I got it from. In the fact, the website has more material than what I received. Caveat Emptor!

When I helped build the RPG Geek database, I made sure that only the original cover image was included, not these reprints, which are usually not even the correct size. So before you buy, you might look there.

There's a review of The Evening Star, an ancient Traveller supplement, in the current issue of Freelance Traveller. I bought an OG copy back in the day that I still have. Because the reviewer wasn't aware of these reprints, and was confused, he included both cover images in the review.

When I helped build the RPG Geek database, I made sure that only the original cover image was included, not these reprints, which are usually not even the correct size. So before you buy, you might look there.

There's a review of The Evening Star, an ancient Traveller supplement, in the current issue of Freelance Traveller. I bought an OG copy back in the day that I still have. Because the reviewer wasn't aware of these reprints, and was confused, he included both cover images in the review.

I have a copy of The Evening Star, and I colorized the map that came with it (Docks-Grey, Water-light blue, Sand-yellow, vegitation-green, roads-black...
It's an...."interesting read" and can be morphed into something usable but "I felt" it was clearly from someone who had an image of Traveller based on the shadow cast against a cave wall by the sun from the cave mouth....and the sun may well have been fading.

I do not(Sadly) have a copy of "Von Ryan's War" and the only copies I see are from the seller mentioned earlier in this thread.

I have a copy of Beyond but zero idea where I acquired it... got it in a lot from Ebay a year or so ago

really this is just a test post anyways

Well,
I received my shipment from the above-mentioned seller and it appears legitimate.
The card stock of the included poster was correct.
The page counts on both sides of the double adventure are correct.
There are no glaring visual errors.

Still, while it seems correctly complete, the condition is so good I must now wonder if this
is original or a very high quality unauthorized copy?

are we talking about WB ????

cause I have bought from WB multiple times and everything seems quite legit

Back