• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

General What do Droyne eat?

gchuck

SOC-12
Knight
That's the question.
Are they omnivorous? 'Vegan'?
Their physical traits suggest flesh eaters.
What do you feed a Droyne when they come to visit?

Droyne Combo Plate Cr 200 (with Chirper fingers Cr 225)
A sampler plate of the best our ribhouse has to offer! Meats of each caste, prepared in different methods to bring out the best of the subtle nuances that the casting process brings to each part of an oyntrip. Served with a heap of potato "coynes" French Fried. The specfic primary coynes to each meat are arranged next each other.

You will get:
Worker ribs tips
1/2 rack of Warrior ribs
Family pot pie
Manager Brisket (so soft!)
1/2 Sport
Leader brain paste

When found and in season, the plate is available with Chirper fingers! An especially great treat for your your offspring into the wonders of Droyne!
Due to rarity even when in season, Chirper Fingers are an additional charge. Apologies.

Droyne Combo Plate Cr 200 (with Chirper fingers Cr 225)
A sampler plate of the best our ribhouse has to offer! Meats of each caste, prepared in different methods to bring out the best of the subtle nuances that the casting process brings to each part of an oyntrip. Served with a heap of potato "coynes" French Fried. The specfic primary coynes to each meat are arranged next each other.

You will get:
Worker ribs tips
1/2 rack of Warrior ribs
Family pot pie
Manager Brisket (so soft!)
1/2 Sport
Leader brain paste

When found and in season, the plate is available with Chirper fingers! An especially great treat for your your offspring into the wonders of Droyne!
Due to rarity even when in season, Chirper Fingers are an additional charge. Apologies.
Sounds more like Vargr or Aslan Astroburgers the upscale BBQ spinoff. They don’t strike me as cannibals.

Sounds more like Vargr or Aslan Astroburgers the upscale BBQ spinoff. They don’t strike me as cannibals.
They seem to get into oyntrip vs. oyntrip wars often enough. And protein for those not-Small Warrior caste has to come from somewhere...🤪

That's the question.
Are they omnivorous? 'Vegan'?
Their physical traits suggest flesh eaters.
What do you feed a Droyne when they come to visit?
Serious (boring) answer: they're omnivorous hunter-gatherers -- quite similar to humans in that regard.

The modern Warrior caste is actually derived from an earlier Hunter one (and presumably could still perform that function, if necessary).

The Droyne Alien Module describes them as omnivore gatherers, while the skull shown in the module gives them the teeth of a meat-eater. I have always viewed them as an omnivore with a predilection for vegetables and nuts with some meat. The teeth though would indicate much more of a meat-eating diet. I suspect that cicadas might prove to be popular eating for the Droyne.

Back