• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

What's New?

What ho,

I haven't been active in the Traveller scene since just after T20 came out. And when I checked my profile in the sticky "who are we" section of this board, I see it's been quite a while. I listed myself as being 36 years old, and I'm now turning 43 at the end of this month.

I know I had a lot of fun working on the T20 play test way back when, but now I'm kind of finished with d20 related games. I just never want to have to make up one more NPC d20 stat block in any form.

So, I've ordered the T5 CD, and the Mongoose Traveller jobby (and God help me the D&D 4e books too--might as well get the pre-order savings, because I'll end up getting them anyway). I'm just waiting for the new Traveller goodness to start rolling in.

I guess I'm wondering what's the state of things in the overall TU these days?

Dave "Dr Skull" Nelson

Hunter's been late with most projects.
MJD is writing for Mongoose.
T5 is a public beta, not a finished product. It's already years late, and keeps getting later.
Hunter's had lots of personal problems interfere with the board's and QLI's smooth operations.
I've become a mod.
GT for 4E is set in the Nth Interstellar Wars era.
There is a Hero System traveller adaptation.

What? There's no Savage Worlds Traveller? They've covered all the other bases.

I guess it's going to just get harder and harder to decide what system to use when I get back to Traveller.

Dave "Dr Skull" Nelson

Back